𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

QUINCEY LAY SILENT under the pile of small rocks

QUINCEY LAY SILENT under the pile of small rocks. Her eyes flutter open, looking around. The world she once knew, burned and broken, ash filled the air.

She sits up carefully, the small amount of rocks covering her, slide off her body as she slowly stands. Quincey brushes herself off - like it matters - her jeans and sweater, covered in dust and dirt.

Quincey spins around in a circle, taking in her surroundings properly. A small and shaky sigh escapes her lips. "I better see if anyone else is here" she mumbles to herself. As the thirteen year old walks around the broken city, rocks crunching underneath her dirty white converse shoes, she thinks about what had happened before she had passed out.

A burst of light had erupted into the dark night sky, causing Quincey to squint her eyes, making sure as little light makes it into her eyes as possible. The bright light died down and she continued to walk back to her family's small apartment, plastic bag full of groceries in hand. The girl passed the many buildings and walks down the old streets she's been walking for years, as she does an unusual sight caught her eye. Where the old Umbrella Academy used to stand is now rubble, the old bricks now lay in many piles. She wondered what had happened to the old building that used to home super heros. She continued walking, not wanting to get caught up in whatever had happened to the academy. She past the umbrella academy when more bright lights entered her eyes, but this time it wasn't bright like a flashlight, it was bright and warm like a fire. The grocery bag that used to be in her hand had dropped to the ground as fire came at her from every direction. Her hands had flown from the side of her legs to being stretched out to her sides of her, facing the different fires, racing towards her. She concentrated on the fire, it slowly died, the bright orange flames went out and Quincey collapsed to the ground, rubble from burning buildings falling on top of her.

Quincey decided to walk back towards the grocery store she was going home from the two days before hand. The thirteen year old looks around at the dead bodies laying underneath rubble as she did only five minutes before hand.

"What's the point, I'm probably the only one to survive this shit, there's also no point in looking for food if I'm just going to be stuck here" Quincey says to her self, falling to her knees, her head falling into her hands.

The girl sit there for what felt like hours
-but was actually minutes- she sat there thinking of her life last week, the busy streets and the people everywhere, she thought of her whole life up until the current point in time.

She's brought out of her thoughts when she hears the same crunching noise she made when walking through the rocks that cover the ground. Quincey lifts her head looking toward the crunching noise, her eyes are met with a boy, probably around the same age as herself.

The boy wears a school uniform consisting of a white shirt, sweater vest, knee high socks and navy blue school shorts and blazer. He had brown hair, slightly messy from the horror that happened to the city. He was covered in dust and dirt, much like Quincey was.

"Who are you?" Quincey asks, her voice shaky but confident. She stands up still looking at the mysterious boy. "Five" the boy replies simply "who are you?" Quincey slowly makes her way over to Five, him doing the same until they're 5 feet away from each other

"Quincey" she smiles slightly "well Quincey, it looks like you're the only survivor" an unreadable expression on the boys face. "What about you, you survived" Quincey grew curious of how the boy is standing before her but claims that he didn't survive the huge fire that destroyed the earth.

Five explained to Quincey that he hadn't survived because he arrived after the apocalypse had happened, he explained his powers to her, expecting her to be shocked that someone could travel through time and use portals to teleport.

Quincey looks briefly to the floor before lifting her eyes and asking "you have powers also?" Five expression turns to a confused one "also?"

Quincey focuses on her surroundings, she turns her head to look a a rock. And in a blink of an eye the rock is brought to her hand. Five nods slowly "so that's how you survived" the boy states

...

The two thirteen year olds spend the rest of the day getting to know each other. Five tells Quincey about the Umbrella Academy, he tells her about his messed up father, his siblings, the monkey that lives in his house and the robot that the children call 'mom'

Quincey tells five about the future, she tells him about her family, how she isn't the richest, how her family don't care for her. She tells him of the stories she's heard of the Umbrella Academy, asking if they're true.

To which five replies with telling her how his childhood consisted of him always training, never getting to do anything fun.

Over the course of a few days the two thirteen year olds form a close bond, finding friendship in the other. They bond over the fact that they both have messed up families, completely different, but both as equally messed up.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi! Here is the first chapter of this story I'm writing, slowly you will learn more of Quincey and Fives time in the apocalypse and Quincey's family and her past. I hope you enjoy my writing and enjoy this story

- Ziggy