𝐱𝐱

THE HANDLER, FIVE and Quincey walk down the path towards the commission.

"I must admit, Number Five, Quincey, in all the time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you two.

Hazel and Cha-cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but...they can't see the big picture. Your spunk, your enterprising spirits, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if...I may be so vain glorious. If things work out for you here, you could potentially make fine successors"

The three entered the building and The Handler took off her coat and handed it to the nearest person.

"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience" Five told the Handler "as well as this body replacement" Quincey added.

To be honest, Quincey didn't want a body replacement. She was doing just fine in her younger body and didn't see the need to have her old one back when she could do everything she used too, the same and even better than before.

"Such chutzpah. It's refreshing, I'll admit but slow down. All in good time. In fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world"

"The commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time line of events and mankind's free will. The briefcase is no longer part of your kit, Quincey, Five. Free your mind. You're management now. One of us."

The Handler continued to show them around and explain how everything worked and where everything was.

"All the people on this floor are case mangers, each one responsible for one major event at a time" The Handler showed them a room filled with people at desks that went on for miles.

"So many of them" Five muttered "impressive, isn't it? Being apart of something...so grand. Come along.

Whenever someone chooses the wrong path and the timeline is changed, the Commission gets a report from field agents on the ground. These field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager. They determine if anyone needs to be...removed from the equation to assure that their event happens as it should."

The Handler showed Five and Quincey into a room that was filled with pipes and tubes. "Based on that determination, the care manager send instructions via pneumatic tube to...temporal assassins like you two formerly were. Any queries so far?"

The sound of The Handlers voice made Quince sick. It was that sickly sweet type of voice that you could tell evil lurked behind.

"Yeah. Who was the case manager handling us?" Five asked the woman standing in front of them "Ah. You mean the apocalypse" The Handler caressed Five's face.

"Uh, excuse me?" Quincey looked bewildered at The Handler who just gave her a smile and directed them to another room, but this time it had less desks.

"Five, Quincey, meet Dot. Dot is responsible for all apocalyptic matters. In fact, it was Dot here who first flagged your appearance in 2019"

"No hard feelings"

The Handler droned on and on about how they outsmarted their best assassins and Quincey simply wasn't interested. She wanted to do what they had to do and get out of there as hastily as possible.

"I suspect you two like a challenge" The Handler pulled out two chairs at a desk "usually we have one case file to one case manager but for your first case, so you can get use to how things work, you two will work together.

I have given you a particularly complex first case. It's too bad Joseph Späh decided against sabotaging the fuel tank. It would've been so much easier. Anyhoo...if you have any questions...I'll be right behind you"