𝐱𝐯

𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙮𝙥𝙨𝙚

THE AIR WAS thick and full of ash and dust. The ground covered in rubble and rock. Thirteen year old Five and Quincey, the only ones alive.

Quincey's hand were red and sore from re amount of rocks she had been lifting up, trying to find things they could use to survive. She sees a plastic arm sticking out of the mess, she pulled it out. A mannequin with no hair, one arm and a spotted shirt now sits in her arms.

"Five!" She called to the boy a couple feet away from her "I think I found us a friend" Quincey looked at the tag you if the shirt to see that the brand of clothing was called Delores.

The boy walked over to her "does she have a name?" Five asked, taking the mannequin into his own hands "Delores" Quincey replied "Delores" he repeated.

Five places her in the red cart they pull around with them and places a slightly broken umbrella over her. "Perfect" The two smile at each other before looking again.

***

Through snow and heat they survived, overcame every obstacle in their way.

"Do you remember that, uh, old mansion just outside the city limits?" Five asked Quincey, passing her and Delores a glass of wine "it turns out the wine cellar was untouched. Picked up a few cases of your favourite Bordeaux"

Quincey chuckled "I guess it's my lucked day" she chuckled "my first in a long time" Five and Quincey finish off their glass

"You drink to much" Delores said, or would've said if she could actually talk.

"That's an exaggeration. We don't drink too much. You know, we work hard all day. Why would you even say that?" The sound of rocks moving caused Five to stop talking. He slowly reached behind him and pulled up a gun. Quincey also jumped to her feet, ready to attack.

They see a woman wearing all black clothing, sunglasses and carrying a briefcase. She sticks her hand up and sent them a wave.

AUTHORS NOTE
(not edited)

So, I hope you enjoyed this flashback chapter. A new chapter will hopefully be out tomorrow, I've already written half but it's 1am atm and I should probably sleep, even though I'm most likely going to read for another hour. Anyways, have a great day/night and thank you for reading my story I love you!

- Ziggy