𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

THE ACADEMY SEEMED empty. The chandelier that used to hang in the entrance, now lay broken on the floor.

Hand in hand, Five and Quincey walk up stairs. Quincey hadn't seen anyone is the house so far. Which was a strange occurrence because the last time she was in the academy, all the Hargreeves siblings were there. Well, all except Five.

A hissing noise entered her ears as they got to the bedrooms hallway. Five and herself peered into Klaus' room to see him scratching his back. They then looked towards towards the bathroom to see bloody hand prints on the sides of the bath and bloody footprints leading into Klaus' room across the hallway.

The two looked at each other. Both thinking the same thing.

Five walked into the door way and knocked on the door, Quincey's hand still in his.

"You okay?" Five queried his brother. "Yeah. You look like shit" Quince added. Klaus turned to face the two "Hey. Yeah, I just...long night" Klaus replied.

"More than one, from the looks of it" bluntly said by the boy.
"Yeah"
"Hey, I don't remember those dog tags" Quincey mentioned after hearing the jingle they created.

Klaus grunts "yeah, they uh belonged to a friend" he fiddled with the tags hanging from his neck. "How 'bout that new tattoo?" Five questioned "I don't totally remember even getting it" klaus subconsciously looked at his arm "like I said. It was a long night"

"You did it, didn't you?" The boy said with a smirk covering his face "what are you talkin' about?"
"You know, we can recognise the symptoms, Klaus" Five told his brother.

In all honesty Quincey was exhausted. Although she had a good sleep the night before, she had been relying on coffee to keep her awake for the days beforehand. And now it was really taking a toll on her. The girl sat on the colourful carpet covered ground. Her elbow, resting on her knee and her hand, supporting the weight of her head.

"Symptoms of what?"
"The jet lag. Full body itch" Five stated two of the symptoms
"the headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain. Yeah. That shit hurts. You seem to be dealing with it better than my first time" Quincey told the man, wincing, remembering her first time using a briefcase.

"You gonna tell us about it?" Five asked "your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead"
"And in return you file their briefcase" Five said, putting the pieces of the puzzle that is Klaus' life, together in his head.

"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then I opened it" Klaus sighed "and the next thing you knew, you were...where?" The boy asked "you should say when." Quincey specified.

"What difference does it make?" Klaus deadpanned "what diff- uh- Okay how long were you gone?" Five was now pacing "almost a year"

"A year? You must be happy to be back" Quincey said to Klaus, her eyes softening. She could tell Klaus had been through a lot. "Yes and no" Klaus told the girl.

"A year? Do you know what this means?"
"Yeah, I'm ten months older now" Klaus joked and Quincey had to put her hand over her mouth, to stifle her laughter. "No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now?"

"Gone. I destroyed it. Poof."

Quincey could notice he didn't have the usual happiness in his voice. He didn't have the lively spark in his eyes. It made Quincey wonder what had actually happened while he was gone.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Five began to raise his voice. Quincey stood and put a hand on his shoulder "Hey. It's okay. We can find another way" she muttered to him.