𝐱𝐢𝐱

THE BACKSEAT OF the car Luther drove down the road, was quite uncomfortable considering that Quincey had a lot on her mind and didn't have time to relax.

The constant noise of shifting made Five turn around and look at her. The car pulled to a stop.

"You know, I never enjoyed it. The killing. I mean, Quince and I were...were good at our work, and we took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure" Five told his brother.

Quincey nodded her head in agreement.

"You think they'll buy it?" Luther asked, tapping his hand in the case "Well, what we do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun." Five was interrupted buy Quincey saying; "if the commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. And not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back"

"Well, I should hold onto it."
"Hm?"
"In case they make a move on you two"

"Okay Luther, But be careful l. I mean, I've... I've lived a long life, but... you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it" Five turned to face the windscreen and Quincey burst out laughing.

"You realise - you're saying that - while you - look like a kid - and - it's - hilarious" the girl said between laughs And Five lets out an amused chuckle with a shake of his head.

At the sight of a car rolling down the road, the three of them hop out of their car and wait for the car coming towards them, to come to a slow halt.

"If this all goes sideways, I just want to do this again" Five wrapped his arm around Quincey's waist and pulled her close to him, their lips meeting.

The kiss was soft. Gentle. And ended quicker than their first.

Luther stared at them awkwardly.

Five and Quincey made their way towards Hazel and Cha-Cha. "The masks really necessary?" Five said, gesturing to the animal masks that were placed upon their heads and covered their faces.

Hazel and Cha-Cha took off the masks threw them to the side. "So where is it, kids?"
"Wow, that's how you're gonna start. You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day." Five explained. "You won't even make it halfway there" cha-cha pulled out a gun.

"Maybe" Quincey stated
"But as I'm sure you found out in your previous foray, my brother isn't your average giant and Quincey here isn't your average teenage looking girl. She can make you drop dead without even batting an eye"

"He's right. You dropped a chandelier on him, got right back up"
"By the time you took him out, he'd smash your precious briefcase to a pulp" Five told the assassins  "probably us too, right. So, how do we help each other?"

"I need you to get in contact with your superior, so we can have a chat with her" the girl spoke "face to face"

"About what?" Cha-cha had asked "well, I don't believe that's any of your concern" Five said "okay, just don't tell her about the briefcase"
"Fair enough"

The teens walked back to Luther and the car, satisfied with the conversation. The wait wasn't long before it was interrupted by the sound of an ice cream truck song and the sight of it driving over hills. Everyone was confused as to why the truck was in the middle of nowhere. As it got closer, they were able to see Klaus waving out the window of the van and Diego in the passenger seat.

"What the hell is he doing here?"

Hazel and Cha-Cha started to shoot at the van, Five and Quince ducked behind Luthers tall frame.

And then it all stopped.

The sound of guns faded, so did the sound of the truck engine. The bullet flying towards them was stuck in mid air also.