Intro

Two years I sat at this window. I look from it everyday, praying to God above to watch over Shad and protect him from all harm. I play with my engagement ring on my left hand, thinking about the day that he got his letter and he proposed to me, the day he left, the letters he sent. I cry at night sometimes. I'm so nervous for the simple fact that he won’t ever come back to me. I close my eyes and imagine what he looks like now. The day he got his letter was sad for me. It brought back memories of my father.

You see, my father, was drifted into the army too, when I was 8. He held me in his lap and explained to me why he was going away. He promised me he'd come back with me. That was the last time I ever saw him again. The last time I seen an Army man, was when A representative from the Army gave my mom a folded flag.

*sighs* 

When they President said ‘that we was in war’, I was pissed! We always fight someone! Why can't we ever get a break? Gas prices going up, parents losing children, children losing parents, brothers losing sisters, lovers losing lovers, etc. 

Anyway, One day I was looking out the window when I felt a kick in my stomach. I smiled as I rubbed it. “You know what? I’ma tell you a story. It’s how I met your father…