19.

///Proofread I guess

Janiyah's POV

So last week was ok, not to much, but today we already had 5 prom-posals.
Jay asked Kay to go to prom with him, of course she said yes.
We were at lunch we another one happened.

Mark asked Harmony, she was so shocked, she just started crying.
Harmony has been liking Mark for the longest, that's why she told him if the girl he wanted to go with already had a date they could go together.
To my surprise Mark wanted to Harmony the whole time.

As soon as I sat at the table Brain came up to me.
"Hey Janiyah I kinda need your help." He said.
"Wassup?" I said looking at him.
"I wanna ask Makala to prom." He said looking down.
Everyone knew I wasn't really cool with her no more.

"Umm ok, meet me in the library during break." I said looking at my phone.
I only had 5 minutes.
He told me ok and went somewhere.
Makala still cheered the rest of the school year, from 9th-12th grade.

I bell rung and I dumped my tray and went to the library.
I sat in the chair closest to back.

"So what were you thinking?" I said to Brian as he sat down.
"I'm not sure." He said pushing up his glasses.
Brian isn't ugly, he's just quiet.
"Well since were doing a Hollywood theme, maybe you make a poster with like a couple, cause she really likes Beyonce. So it can be like ' I'll be your Jay-Z, only if you'll be Beyonce, and maybe we can fall drunk in love at prom'." I said laughing a little.

"It's corny, but I like it." He said laughing.
"Ok so I can help you with the poster and everything after school, if your not busy." I said looking at him.
"No I'm not busy after school. We gonna met back here?" He said looking at his phone.
"Yeah, that's fine." I said getting, since the bell was about to ring.

~After School~

I went back to the library after school, and waited for Brian.
I got a piece of printer paper and sat in a seat.
I took out a pencil, a pen, and some markers.
I did a sketch of something it was ok, then I did another and I really liked it.

Brain finally came in after 30 minutes.
"I'm so sorry someone asked me to help them with their prom-posal." He said sitting down, "I really like that."

"Thanks, well we need to get a bigger paper, or a poster paper so I can draw it on their." I said getting up.
I eventually found one and I started drawing, I finished it and gave it to Brain.
"You better not mess it up." I said leaving.

I went to my car and went home.
I got some heels, and something to munch on, and I went back to the school.
I went into the gym and half of everyone was there.
"Where is everyone?" I asked Harmony sitting beside her.
"Girl I don't even know." She said laughing.

The principal came in and said, "You guys I'm sorry we aren't having practice today, something has happened, we will have a longer practice Wednesday, so no practice tomorrow either."

I wonder what happened, I have to do some digging.
I went to see if our guidance consoler was still here, and she was.
"Hi, Ms.Bright. Why was practice cancelled?" I said sitting in a seat.

"Ok, you know I'm not supposed to tell you, but our Assistant Principal was a car accident today. An 18 wheeler crashed into her and some more people. Lots of the students knew her very well and when the bread they went to the hospital. She not dead, but she in serious condition." She said wiping her eyes.

"Oh, ok I'm so sorry to hear that." I said getting up to hug her.
"It's not your fault baby, go ahead home." She said letting me go.
I went back into the gym and some people were still there, I saw Harmony and told her what happened.
She was shocked at what happened, but she told me it was gonna be ok.

I decided to stop by Mac's house, I haven't seen him in a while.
I knocked on the door and Jay answered it.
"Hey, where is Mac?" I said coming in.

"He's in his room." Jay said walking back to wherever he was at.
I knocked on his door and Jaliyah opened it.
"Hey girl." She said hugging me.
"I'm Janiyah." I said laughing knowing she didn't know what twin I was.

"Oh." She said laughing.
"Jaliyah who tha- oh shoot we got NiNi in the house." He said hugging me, "How have you been?" She said letting me in his room.

"I've been good." I said sitting in the bed.
"You know what college you going to, our are you going into the military?" He said picking up Londyn.
"Me and Kay are going to Alcorn State." I said smiling.
"Oh that's not that far." He said.

"Nope." I said grabbing Londyn because she was reaching for me.
"Are you toning to join a sorority, or do any kind of activities?"
"I wanna be a AKA (no offense to the deltas, sigmas, zetas, etc) and I wanna be a Golden Girl." I said smiling.

My mom is a AKA and so is my grandma so I wanna follow in their footsteps.
"Oh that's good, what do you wanna major in? Jaliyah asked.
"I wanna major in business with a minor in dance, I wanna open a dance studio. Me and Kaniyah were thinking about opening on together," I said.
Ever since we were kids that's what we waited to do.

I looked at my watch and it was almost 10.
"I'll see y'all later it's getting late." I said kissing Londyn on the cheek and hugging Mac and Jaliyah.
"Bye." They said.

I went to my car and drove home.
"Hey momma." I said opening the door, seeing she was on the couch.
"Hey where were you?" She said looking at the tv.

"I went to go se Mac and Jaliyah." I said fixing a plate of food and warming it up.
"Ok, I just wanted to know you had me worried, you don't be out like that." She said kissing me on my forehead and going to her room.
I ate, washed, and went to sleep.
——————————————————————————————
Hey y'all, I'm sorry about not updating. I was with my father during the weekends, and I wasn't able to really do anything, but BYEEEEEE.