25.

//Proofread i guess.
Three Years Later

Well it's been some years and I'm 22, still in college. I am a Golden Girl, along with Kaniyah, at Alcorn University. I have a couple months until I get my Bachelors degree in Business & Finance.
I work as a secretary for a a huge company. I make hella good money to say I have the job that I have; I get paid about $150,000 a year. I live on campus as of right now, but I'm in the process of moving to an actual house in a couple of weeks.

Me and Brian broke up, because we didn't want to be in a long distance relationship. We are still good friends, but I haven't been talking to anyone since we split. Me and Tray a becoming friends I guess, but only because Kay and Jay wanted us to get along while we were celebrating DeDe's graduation.

Janiyah's POV

I was getting ready for my last game, after football season I was going to be doing online school.
I wanted to be able to do things I want without living on college or having to go to dance practice everyday after my classes.
"You ready?" Kay said looking at me.
She still is going to be on campus, unlike me.
"It's now or never." I said walking out my dorm room.

We walked to the stadium and went to the room that we were assigned to.
"Hey Janiyah." Everyone said while hugging me.
"Heyyy." I said hugging them back.
"You know we're going miss you right, are own captain leaving us." Yonnie said.
"Yeah I know, but I need to go my own path, and these practices aren't helping." I said laughing.

We got dressed and put some light makeup on and waited for coach to tell us when to enter
30 minutes later she came and we did our ramp entrance.

I was in the front and Kay was the tail.
As we sat down I looked to my right and my mom, dad, Mac, Jaliyah, and all the other badkids were there. Since I couldn't get up to hug them, I just smiled and waved.

My mom started talking to my coach, and then they come over, with everyone else following them.
Coach whispered in my ear "You got 30 minutes."
I motioned Kay to come with me as I got up and went to the snack area.

"Hey momma." I said hugging her.
"Hey baby, you look so beautiful." She said smiling from cheek to cheek.
"Thank you." I said smiling back.
"How's college, it looks fun." Mac said laughing copying the dance I did.
"It's good, I been mastered the basics." I said flipping my hair a little bit.

As I turned to talk to the kids, well now teens and adults, I was pulled into a hug by DeDe.
"Hey big head." He said kissing my forehead.
"Hey," I said kinda of shocked.

"Dang DeDe, let her breathe," Macei said because DeDe was kinda squeezing me hard.
"Sorry." He said letting go, making me laugh a little.
I looked at Tray, and he was just staring at me, when he noticed that I was looking at him, he quickly looked away.

I noticed that Jay pulled Kaniyah to the side and she started crying.
"What's wrong?" I said running over to her.
"It's over." She said handing Jay the promise ring he gotten her years ago.
"Wait why?" I said said looking madly at Jay.

"I found someone else, I mean we aren't even in the same state, we barely talk, what was I supposed to do." Jay saying it like Kay was in the wrong.
"First of all you should've been talked to her about this, I'm not bout to sit here and talk to you about this before I start getting heated, and I slap the fuck out of you." I said by then everyone was looking at me, "Comon Kay."