Hajime Iwaizumi

Info:
a third-year student from Aobajohsai High; he is the volleyball team's ace, vice-captain and a wing spiker. He is also Tōru Oikawa's childhood friend and "pillar". Iwaizumi is Aobajohsai's ace, and his spikes are incredibly strong. He is a dependable player with faith in his own abilities, which leads Oikawa setting to Iwaizumi whenever he feels that he's in a pinch. He is shown to have solid receives; often getting the ball when Shinji Watari, Seijō's libero, is unable to. Iwaizumi stated that when he was little he only found spiking to be fun, but as he has gotten older he's grateful that he knows the "thrill" of receiving his opponents' flawless hits.[1] It has been noted by Keishin Ukai that Iwaizumi has a powerful serve. Being hit continuously by his and Oikawa's serves throughout a match can be incredibly taxing on their opponents. He is also fearless enough to exploit Koganegawa's technical flaw as a blocker despite his height.

Personality:
Iwaizumi is a stubborn but reliable teammate, he acts supportive to all, including Tobio Kageyama, and calls Oikawa out for his childish antics. He often resorts to violence with Oikawa whenever he teases or provokes him, but this does not change the fact that he cares immensely for him, as shown when he makes an effort to stop Oikawa from either working too hard or losing confidence. Iwaizumi's firm-yet-caring attitude has led some members of the Aobajohsai team to look up to and respect him. His underclassmen often gravitate towards him and he is seen giving calm and light-hearted advice to Kindaichi, which can contrast to how he treats Oikawa. He is also very respectful and does not treat his rivals coldly, as Kageyama still treats him respectfully and Iwaizumi has acknowledged his skill. Iwaizumi can be strong and intimidating he also has quite the goofy side where he loves monsters and gets excited when he finds an "Oikawa" (a type of fish) in a book to make fun of Oikawa with.

Features:
Iwaizumi has dark, spiked-up hair and slightly thicker than average eyebrows. His eyes are dark brown in the manga and olive green in the anime. More often than not, he's shown to hold a serious or irked expression. While playing volleyball, Iwaizumi wears a standard Aobajohsai uniform with number four on it. He is otherwise shown wearing an Aobajohsai school uniform consisting of khakis with dark brown details, a lavender-colored button-down shirt, a dark red tie, and a white blazer. Iwaizumi's uniform appears to be missing the cream-colored vest that goes with the rest of the uniform and appears to be slightly disheveled, with his tie loose around his neck and his shirt left untucked.

Friends:
•Tōru Oikawa
•Takahiro Hanamaki

Relationships:
I feel he'd look for someone who's slightly childish but also very very calm. Someone who can be both funny but also serious in moments. I feel he'd like to have someone who will understand his jokes and won't take the jokes seriously and laugh about it. Someone he could mess around with and have silly jokes with. Where he could give you stupid nicknames and you'll give him some.

What it's like to date him:
He might be stubborn a lot and probably won't listen to you and will do whatever he chooses. He will just give you stupid nicknames and will mess with you a lot. He'll love you a lot and no matter what he'll always try and protect you. However if you're ever hanging out he might leave early to hang out with his friends or anything like that. If you ever need advice you usually go to him and he always makes you feel better and helps you with whatever you needed help with. no matter what he will always care and have unconditional love for you. He definitely will get frustrated a lot but he will always say sorry after if he hurts your feelings.

Quotes:
• "Guys that girls squeal over piss me off even more"
• "Let's go. It won't matter if we don't win"
• "Do you think you're fighting by yourself?! You've got to be kidding, you dumbass! If you think how you're doing equals how the team will do, I'll punch you!...There's no one on our team who can beat Ushiwaka one-on-one! However, there are six players on the volleyball court! Even if our opponent's some genius first-year or Ushiwaka, the team with the better six is stronger, you dumbass!"
• "Someone who can't see the opponent standing right in front of him, can't defeat the opponent that lies beyond!"
• "Hey. Do what we usually do... Let me take this challenge."
• "Don't think about anything unnecessary. No matter what, you only need to focus on the ball in front of you."
• "You're the best partner that I can boast. You're a really amazing setter. Even if the team changes, that will not change. But when we fight, I will defeat you."