21 | let me out you bitch!

LET ME OUT YOU BITCH!

also known as : chapter four - the sauna test

Silver watched as Mike's plan folded succesfully. Eleven threw Billy inside the sauna with her mind, and then locked the door with chains. Billy looked through the small glass window, an enraged look on his face as he looked at the group. Silver didn't dare to think what he'd do if he managed to get out against their will. Billy was shirtless, but Silver didn't expect any less. Mike turned up the heat as Billy pounded against the door.

He turned to look at Max, knowing either her or Silver were the weakest link as they knew him best. "Max! Get me out of here!" he shouted, his voice echoing around the room. When he saw nobody moved to let him out, he started chuckling, a sort of mad look in his eyes. It felt it was Billy, but...he was losing himself. A darker side was taking over.

"You kids, you think this is funny? You little shits think this is funny?" he spat on the door, making Silver wince in disgust at the white slime sliding off the small glass panel. His eyes turned to her, staring intensely. She returned the gaze, not daring to look away and give him the impression they were scared. "You sick of bitching to Harrington so now you're bitching to me?" 

Silver took an angry step towards him, ready to snap. Eleven stopped her, shaking her head at the girl. Billy yelled, pounding at the door before he gave up, throwing himself back. Only when he was out of sight did Will approach to check the temperature. "We're at 220."

Sobs were heard with faint muttering. Max looked at Silver who nodded at her. The redhead approached, watching Billy sob, beads of sweat rolling off his body. "It's not my fault Max, I promise you...it's not my fault!" his voice cracked, and Silver looked at Mike, unsure if they were getting what they wanted. "Are you sure...?" 

"I've done things, Max. Really....bad things." he paused, his face scrunched up in fear as he looked around. "He made me do it." he whispered, making Max bit her bottom lip. "Who?" Billy shrugged, finding it hard to explain. "I don't know, like a shadow." Eleven and Silver looked at each other, confirming their thoughts. 

The Mind Flayer was back. 

Silver rubbed her hands, pacing around as she tried of a solution. "Okay, when it possessed Will, we turned up the heat to get rid of it, right?" Will nodded, knowing where Silver was going with her idea. "Okay, so maybe if we turn up the heat of the sauna, it'll do the same? It's-" Billy shouted, interrupting Silver as he sobbed, begging Max. Silver noticed the redhead had started crying, approaching her as she hugged her. Max pressed her hand on the glass, tears wetting her cheeks.