24 | i will always be here

I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE

also known as : chapter six - e pluribus unum

part 2 

If you asked them, Steve and Robin would've reckoned that they had been stuck there for days. Of course, that wasn't true. It may have felt like it; no one came by the room they were locked in for a long while after they had been beaten for a confession. Steve was dying to wipe the dried blood of his face, and his nose throbbed. But only a few hours had passed, awaiting for their rescue. If it ever came.

"How do you feel?" Steve snapped out of his thoughts at Robin breaking the silence. He couldn't tell if she had asked ironically or seriously, seeing as his back was to her.

"Nothing. I...I feel nothing." but that was a lie. Steve felt just a range of emotions, he didn't have the energy to explain to Robin. He felt angry that they had been caught in that situation, with no way out. He felt physical pain all over his face, wincing slightly at the metallic taste of blood on his tongue. Confused at what exactly the Russians were doing in Hawkins. And fear he was going to die without telling Silver everything he needed to say. 

Robin didn't have a chance to answer before the door was opened again. But all relief was thrown out the window as they saw it as only the Russians, this time with a few scary-looking weapons. "Is this a good time to tell you I don't like doctors?"

"Let's try this again, shall we?" the chief stood in front of Steve; at least we was moral enough not to beat up a girl. "Who do you work for?" the brunet boy groaned at having to answer again.

"Can't you get it through that thick skull of years that we work for Scoops Ahoy!" the chief only narrowed his eyes before moving to the next question.

"How did you find us?" 

"By accident." he answered nonchalant, making the chief roll his eyes and say something in Russian. The man beside him grabbed one of the instruments, and grabbed Steve's hand roughly. "Hey, woah woah, what are you- wait no!" the man threatened to pull his nails off.

"We heard a code!" Robin shouted, leaning back relieved when the doctor stopped hurting Steve. "The week is long, the silver cat feeds, blah blah blah. You broadcasted that stupid shit all over town, we picked it up through our Cerebro and cracked it in a day!" She couldn't help herself.

"You little spies are not getting out of here; we've got your friend." Steve sat up alarmed. Friend? Had they gotten Dustin? Erica? Before he could ask who, an alarm starting blaring, and the two Russians ran off to see what was going on.