My Melody

Prince Soobin walked back to his room, tired of another reunion with his counselors.

 Full moon nights like that remind him of his mother, the Queen, who passed away a while ago. Ever since her death, his father no more stood around, choosing to deal with other matters like expansion and trades, leaving the castle and the kingdom under Soobin's command, even though he's so young.

 Once he turned the hallway to his bedroom, he stopped as soon as he heard a voice singing.

 This voice... So soft and gorgeous... He had never heard it before.

 And... He knew the song.

 Quickly Soobin went to the half-opened door, stopping by the entrance, observing the person inside.

 It was a young boy, probably a few years younger than Soobin. His hair was wavy and brown, with a gentle face and features, his lips were red as roses and he was so delicate as if he was part of the royalty. But by his clothing and the way he unfolded the blankets and fluffed the pillows, it was certain that he was one of his personal servants.

 Soobin never paid so much attention to his own servants because of the matters of the kingdom. Therefore, he didn't recognize the boy, he didn't remember if he had ever seen that boy.

 However... His voice, singing a song that was so well known for him... It was just hypnotizing. There were no failure on the melody, on the lyrics or tuning. It was perfect. Soobin kept looking without saying a word, because clearly there were no words to describe what he was feeling.

 It was as if his mother was alive.

 After making the bed for the prince to sleep, the boy smiled gently, as if he was happy to see his task done. And in the moment he looked at the door, he squealed a little bit when he saw the prince looking at him, crossing his arms with an almost imperceptible smile.

 "I... I'm sorry... Your grace. I didn't see you there."

 Soobin entered the room calmly, getting closer to the boy.

 "What's your name?"

 "Huening Kai... Your grace. My name is Huening Kai." He couldn't look the prince in the eyes. Despite his beautiful and gentle face, his presence was devastating and intimidating, not to mention his height.

 "Huening Kai... How long have you been working here?" Soobin was walking around Kai, analyzing every part of him.

 "Two months, your grace." Huening Kai held his clothes tight because of his nervousness. The prince had never spoken with him before, not even looked at him. And now he was walking surrounding him, observing him as if he was a prey. It was just... Too much intimidating.

 "Where did you learn this song, Huening Kai?"

 "I... I beg your pardon?"

 "The song you were singing while making my bed. Where did you learn it?" The prince stopped right in front of the boy, looking at his face.

 In fact... Extremely cute.

 "Oh... My... My sister used to sing it for me to sleep when I was younger. I ended up learning it." Huening Kai gulped. The prince was looking at him so closely and he wasn't turning away.

 "Really? That's incredible. My mother used to sing this song for me to sleep too when my father wasn't home. Only this song to calm me down." Soobin sat on the bed, taking off his upper clothing and his shoes.

 Huening Kai blushed a little, looking away.

 "It's... It's a very good song."

 "In fact. But I got surprised when I heard you singing."

 "I... I'm so sorry if my singing bothered you, your grace... I promise I won't do it again." Kai started to get desperate, bowing many times. Soobin just smiled.

 "You didn't bother me. To be honest... I think this song matches more with your voice than with my mother's."

 Kai looked at Soobin, surprised with his words.

 "Would you sing it for me?" The prince asked with a loving smile.

 Huening Kai never could imagine that his prince would ever ask such a thing. Moreover... He couldn't deny that he was happy.

 "I'm afraid... I'm not a good singer, your grace."

 "Oh yes you are. You just don't want to admit it." Soobin laughed, which made Kai laugh a little bit too.

 And that smile... Well... Soobin had never seen another like that.

 "Go on."

 Huening Kai gulped once more, biting his lower lip in nervousness. It was a direct order from the prince, there was no way to deny. Kai had never sang any song to any person who wasn't his family, and he never imagined that someday he would sing to the prince himself.

 In this way, Kai breathed deeply and started to sing. His voice was like a chorus of angels. So soft, calm, clean and impeccable. At first, he was a little hesitant to be singing in front of the person for who he worked, but as the song went on, he felt the nervousness disappear. Sometimes he closed his eyes, feeling the song within his soul and smiling while sang every word.

 And Soobin just couldn't stop looking. That boy was singing the song of his mother in such a passionate way. Soobin was really hypnotized. That song had never been so beautiful. The feeling was almost the same as when his mother sang to him. A warm safety, an ethereal serenity. He felt that all over again.

 But this time...

 ...He felt something else.

A/N: Hello!!

How are you, sweethearts?? 

Well, this is my first fanfic that I'm writing in English and posting here on Wattpad, this story already has it's version in Portuguese, and I will be updating the next chapters soon enough!

This story is already been posted in English with the same name on the site Archive For Our Own or AO3.

Thank you for reading it and I hope you like the universe I'm creating!