Chapter 37

Clemmie's POV:

Well, we love the fact that I barely got any sleep last night due to a coughing fit. My chest hurts my throat hurts I'm exhausted and yet somehow I'm still going to school. I've been unable to get back to sleep after my 3 o'clock cough. I heard mum coming to my door so I instantly pull the covers over myself and pretend to be asleep. Thank god I can act!

"Clem, time to get up," Mum whispered. Okay now for the show. 

I groaned pulling my covers up so they're covering my face, turning over to face away from mum and pulling a pillow on top of my face.

"C'mon Clem, you've got to go to school," Mum started. "Cara's coming round in an hour, so get up," She finished closing the door before I could say my 'I don't feel well, maybe I should stay off' speech.

After what felt like 30 seconds of waiting I groaned and pushed off my covers and got ready for the day. Luckily today I had P.E first period so I could sleep in the library. I made my way to the kitchen, prepared my breakfast and sat at the table. Koda came up as I finished my yogurt and whined until I gave him the empty pot to lick.

"That dog is way too spoiled," Dad commented before taking a sip of his usual morning coffee.

"I know,"

"Remember he needs a walk after school," Mum reminded.

"Yeah I know," I said as I got up to put my dishes in the dishwasher. I was just about to sit down on the sofa when the doorbell went. "I'll get it," I called before answering. "Hey," I greeted. "Bye Mum, bye dad," I yelled as I closed the door behind me. 

"Hi, How are you feeling?" Cara asked.

"Exhausted but Mum's insistent that I go to school," I complained.

"At least you get to miss P.E." Cara added.

"Yeah, that seems to be the only advantage at the moment," I sighed. 

We continued our walk to school, talking about random topics. We had only reached the gates of the school after about a ten minute walk, but I was already wiped out. I lent against a lamp post trying to resist the slight tickle in the back of my throat.

"You okay?" Cara asked putting her hand on my back gently rubbing it in small circles.

I nodded holding up my finger to say 'give me a second'. I tried to do a small cough but it just ended up setting off a chain of coughs and wheezes. After I had finished I grabbed my water and gulped half of it down.

"Jeez, you okay now?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Come on or we'll be late," I said grabbing her hand and leading her in through the school's doors.

A/N: Just a short update, school's been hectic so updates will be slow. Sorry 

-Bec