Chapter 29

It was my first day back at school. I was waiting in the apartment when there as a knock at the door, "Mum! Cara's here! I'll see you soon!" I shouted as I opened the door. "Hey," I greeted Cara, grabbing my jacket.

"Hi," I said closing the door, in a hurry, behind me.

"In a rush?" Cara chuckled.

"She hasn't left me alone since I came home. Literally, my only breaks from her were for the bathroom!" I sighed, causing Cara to chuckle again. "Anyway, how has school been without me?" I questioned.

"Very boring. Alex and Tash won't stop talking about all the parties that are going on in the coming months. Sophie just goes on talking about her horse competitions, which isn't boring as I love horses. But it does get very repetitive. And, well, my favourite person wasn't there for almost two weeks," She rated.

"Sorry," I mumbled, Cara, gave me a sympathetic look, before changing the topic.

"Anyway," She sighed before continuing, "Have you done all the homework I gave you?"

"Yeah, I have. And thanks for ruining my evenings, I barely got any free time!" I exclaimed

"Just imagine the workload now you've got eight hours of school on top," Cara stated, beaming

"Yeah, goodbye social life!" I mocked, we both started laughing. We continued to walk to school. Once we arrived at the gates I felt numerous pairs of eyes on me. I knew I would get a few looks, but I never imagined that I would get this many.

As we walked through the halls I heard people whisper. Luckily it wasn't long before we found the girls.

"Hey," I greeted. I was greeted by a lot of hugs.

"How are you feeling," Sophie asked.

"Alright. I kind of just want to get back to normal, if that's okay?"

"Yeah, sure," Alex replied.

"Hey suicide kid," I heard a familiar, yet snarky, voice say. I turned around and was greeted by Olivia.

"What do you want Olivia?" Cara asked taking a step forward.

"I just wanted to say hi to Clemmie, seeing as she tried to kill herself," she explained.

"Well, she doesn't want to see you," Cara defended.

"Fine. See you in class," She said coldly. The rest of school went by fine, apart from Olivia constantly making snarky remarks, luckily the rest of the girls were with me for the rest of the day.

The five of us were hanging out in a cafe after school. Cara kept on checking her phone all throughout the day it was either that or she was constantly texting.

"Who are you texting?" I asked, sceptically.

"No one," she said placing her phone on the table. I quickly grabbed it luckily she left it unlocked. I opened up her messaging chats and looked at the recent contacts.

"You were texting my mum?" I asked in disbelief, as I scrolled through the messages that were sent today alone. "You've been giving her updates on me all day?!" I exclaimed putting her phone back down on the table and leaning back in my chair, "I can't believe this! I thought she trusted me,"

"She does trust you-" Cara began.

"Really?! Then why are you texting her everything that has happened as soon as I left the house this morning?" I argued, I grabbed my bag and left the cafe.

I burst through the front door, Mum was reading sitting on the couch, "Hi, honey I didn't expect you to be home this early," She said surprised.

"Really I thought Cara would have texted you," I said before running to my room, and began packing.