So it begins

(Peridot's POV)

     I woke upon the same place I fell asleep; next to Lapis. She appeared to still be sleeping, so I stayed put to ensure I wouldn't wake her.

      Soon enough, I felt her sitting up, signaling that she was awake.

"Good morning," I heard her say groggily.

"Morning," I said getting up, Lapis following.

       We headed to the kitchen and collected our food before sitting together at the table. My stomach was in knots, since today was the day we'd speak with my family's lawyer, my older sister, for the trial.

      That was the reason I had called my family in the first place the day before. I needed an attorney since I wasn't able to afford one alone. Neither was Lapis, but my parents could. But, I hadn't considered the fact my mother was likely to ask questions. Many, many questions. That's how she ended up being on my case in the first place.

      My older sister, however, was kind enough to still help me with that. She, herself, is an attorney, and said she'd defend me in court. Even so, I was still anxious, thinking in the long term. I didn't ever want to see Jasper again, after what happened. While everyone deserves forgiveness, I was still horrified.

       "Nervous?" Lapis asked me noticing my hand beginning to shake while I picked at my food.

      "Y-Yeah.. a little," I told her.

     She got up from the table, walked over to me and embraced me.

      "It's gonna be ok. She can't hurt you now. Besides, you've known Zargun your whole life. It's not like she'll be any different! Plus, I'll be with you every step of the way," Lapis reassured me. I smiled slightly, hugging her back.

     Those were just the words I needed at the moment.

     "Thank you Lapis," I told her, releasing the hug and eating my breakfast.

After an hour, we got in the car and drove to Zargun's office to discuss legal business.

So it begins.