Day 2

Day 2: Week 1 || Affection

Yesterday was an awfully interesting day, especially for Soarin. Rainbow's new attitude towards him made him feel like he had done something really bad. She could barely face him anymore without getting all flustered. He shouldn't have done that to her. No, he doesn't feel sorry for her. He just misses being able to yell at her without any awkward tension.

Since the first time he teased her (which was a year ago), she hasn't been the same. Even though they hated each other, they could at manage to be in the same room for at least an hour. Now, Rainbow can't even last a minute. She'd always find an excuse to leave the room. 

Last night, she had gone downstairs to eat Soarin's leftovers because she was famished. She entered the kitchen and saw him sitting on the counter with a troubled look on his face. Not wanting him to see her, she immediately turned around and tried to escape. This didn't go unnoticed by Soarin though. Her rainbow hair compared to the nude color of the walls made her really stand out. 

"Dash!" Soarin raced after her before she could put her foot in the first step of the stairs. "Aren't you hungry?"

"Not anymore," she grumbled and stomped around him, not bothering to look at his face.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

The next morning, Soarin decided to get to the bottom of things. He needed to know why she was trying to avoid him. It would be pointless because they're stuck in a small house together anyways. They'd cross paths multiple times, whether she liked it or not. Okay, the house isn't actually small, but it's not like being in a large, open space.

Soarin tiptoes to Dash's room where he knew she was still sleeping. For as long as they've known each other, he's actually never stepped foot inside her room. She never allowed it, claiming there were "private things" in it.

He checked the clock at the end of the long hall for the time. It was only ten minutes before noon, so waking her up shouldn't be a big deal, right? Right? He was definitely going to regret this, but it'd be worth it.

DON'T GO IN THERE.

Soarin slowly opens the door and saw the rainbownette sleeping soundly on her bed. He heard rumors from his friends that she snores, especially when she's in class, but that didn't seem to be the case here. If anything, she slept quieter than he did. 

Her bed is in the middle of the right wall, parallel to the door. Across the bed was a dresser with a tall mirror attached to it. Opposite of the door was a window with white colored curtains covering it to block out the sun. In front of it was a long, black table with all her schoolwork on it. The walls were painted a sky blue color, and the ceiling was painted with clouds. Soarin wouldn't mind having a room like this, and he's surprised he'd never seen it before.

He diverts his attention back to the main reason he was here in the first place: to get answers. He tiptoed over to Rainbow's sleeping figure and was about to roughly shake her awake, but he heard a noise come out of her. It sounded like a groan, but he wasn't too sure.

Instead, he place his hand on her shoulder to slowly wake her up until he felt something warm touch it. He looked down and saw Rainbow clutching onto his hand tightly. He tried to break free, but her grip only tightened. She would not let him go.

"Mmm, Soarin," she softly moaned. Soarin's face had a look of pure terror as he heard her say his name while sleeping. What on earth was she dreaming about? Hopefully it wasn't about him and her . . . doing stuff. He heard her moan again, and she began stroking his hand with her thumb. "Hmmmm."