Day 13

Day 13: Week 2 || Confessions

Imagine losing count of the number of times you've angered your female friend in just twelve days. Now imagine your name is Soarin Skies and you're stuck with your bipolar friend named Rainbow Dash, who you have a not so subtle crush on. Have you imagined it? If so, you understand exactly how Soarin is feeling right now.

He can't believe he hurt her again in less than twenty four hours. He's really bad at this friendship thing, and he doesn't even understand why! Teasing and purposefully annoying is the exact same way he acts around his friends from school, so he just doesn't understand why Dash is so different.

Maybe it's because she's a girl? It would make sense, but at the same time, Dash is a tomboy and claims to have thick skin; meaning words didn't hurt her. Either she was lying or she was just trying to sound tough. Plus, she teased other people and acts annoying all the time as well!

On the sixth day, she knew he was upset over the loss of a game, yet she kept poking him and poking him. At one point, she even offered to be his personal punching bag. Looking back at the situation though, she was just being cute, and he responded so badly to her. He had hushed her up like he wanted, but his anger caused her to call her parents and ask to leave. He's was terrible to her!

Then there's the eighth day. He made fun of her height and continued to egg it on despite noticing her angry and uncomfortable facial expressions. He ignored them like it was nothing.

The eleventh day was just horrible. She poured out all her emotions to him because of his careless words. He's never seen her so upset over his words before. What really broke him is when he saw the tears spilling out of her eyes afterwards. Because of him. His words. Two years ago was the last time he had seen her that way. The way he held her in his arms after realizing what he had done was different from all the other times he has. It was an unforgettable moment.

And finally, yesterday: the twelfth day. He would curse himself for messing up again, but he doesn't know what he did wrong. He desperately wants to just ask her, but she's clearly too angry to answer him.

It's like he can't go one day without upsetting her.

At the moment, Soarin lies in his bed thinking about what he could have said that enraged her. He's been doing this for the past hour or so, still stuck without a clue.

"You know what? Clean everything up yourself. I'm exhausted from worrying about you."

She said that in response to what? The last thing he said was that he was exhausted from pacing in the store after asking if they could bake the pie today.

Wait a minute.

He knows why she's angry.

He had insisted on baking yesterday because he desperately wanted to taste some pie, and that was the whole reason he went out to FoodMart in the first place. Dash is angry because it could have been avoided if he had just been patient and allowed her to order the ingredients online.

"I have to fix this," he mumbles as he leaps off his bed and darts to Dash's room. He walked down to the end of the hallway and knocked on her door, waiting for a response. He waited for about a minute, yet heard no response. "Dashie? Hey, I understand why you're angry. Please let me in."

Still no answer. There was no sound coming from her room whatsoever. It's as if no one was in there. Perhaps she was sleeping? He didn't want to barge in on her like he did last time. Things didn't go so well afterwards.

Another minute of waiting passed, and the sound of whimpering came from the room. At first, it only occurred a couple times, but now, it was all he heard. Soarin respects Dash's privacy, but something is happening in there, and he can't sit around wondering what it is.