Day 4

Day 4: Week 1 || Teasing and Sports

"1, 2, 3, 4 . . ."

Counting sheep may seem like a ridiculous way to try and fall asleep, but it was last method Dash could use to make herself sleepy. She tried drinking milk, changing her sleeping position, and even listening to calming music. None of them worked in the slightest. Poor girl didn't realize she actually needed to clear her head from a certain person . . . again.

"5, 6, 7, 8 . . ."

Rainbow Dash locked herself in her bedroom throughout the whole day. She genuinely cried for the first time in two years after a Soarin had told her about his hurtful prank. She cursed at herself for almost telling him how she felt for him. Imagine if he had let her speak first. That would've been a disaster.

"9, 10, 11, 12 . . ."

You'd have to be a huge asshole to play with her emotions like that. At school, no one bothered to make a move on Dash, no matter how attractive or compatible to her they were. A couple months ago, a very overconfident boy came up to her and asked for her phone number, and she may or may not have put them in the hospital. She was suspended for five days for it. It makes her wonder how she had so many guy friends in the first place. At least most boys knew better, but Soarin didn't seem to care much about anyone's feelings, especially hers.

Just when she thought she couldn't hate him any more, he pulls a prank on her. She was actually really glad that their hate for each other was slowly disappearing, but of course, that was not the case.

"I'm not making it past 13."

The counting wasn't working at all, so she gave up and stared at the ceiling for the rest of the night. Seriously, she just couldn't sleep.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

The next morning, Soarin hopped out of bed and went to go see what Dash was making for breakfast. He was confused when he didn't smell anything from the kitchen. When he found the kitchen empty, he ran back up the stairs and to Dash's bedroom. He had totally forgotten about his prank and disregarded her feelings towards it. She seemed fine yesterday, so going in her room shouldn't be too much of a problem.

He knocks on the door five times and waits for her to answer, but he didn't hear any sound come from inside. Looks like he was just going to have to invite himself in! He opened the door and saw her laying on her back with multiple tissues around her bed. Did she catch a cold or something?

"I didn't say come in," she deadpanned.

"Why aren't you making breakfast?" He asks as he approaches her bed. She grumbled and shoved a pillow over her face. "You're going to suffocate like that."

"I'm not your maid, get out of my room." Her voice was muffled underneath the pillow, but anyone could tell she was not in the mood. Unfortunately, Soarin didn't seem to notice her odd behavior. When she didn't hear Soarin's feet shuffle even in the slightest, she grabbed the same meter stick she used the whack him with yesterday. "You have one second to leave!"

Soarin saw her approaching him with the stick and slowly backed away. He saw a baseball bat perched on the wall just beside the door, and he immediately grabbed it to use for defense. He'd forgotten about how painful and dangerous it would be if he actually hit her with it.

"Back up, or I will swing this bat against your head," he threatened. The bat rest against his shoulders as his hands gripped the handle tightly. Dash's pupils shrunk as she saw him approaching. He wasn't actually going to hit her, was he?

"Just get out!" She screamed. He backed her up into a wall, and there was no way of escaping for her. The meter stick was stick in her hand, but she was too afraid of getting hit with something worse. She tried to make a run for it around him, but Soarin caught her by the arm before she could even get two inches away from him. "Stop it, please!"