Day 9

Day 9: Week 2 || Slow Burn

Yesterday was an awfully amazing day for Soarin and Dash. It was their first day as friends, and though they still fought, it was one of the best days they've ever had together. Usually, their days were filled with rage and anger, and they could never get along matter what. Yesterday changed all of that. If they hadn't just become friends, they'd definitely refer to each other as best friends.

Dash bounced excitedly as she watched the FaceTime call on her laptop screen load. She wanted to tell her best friends the good news. Actually, good feels like an understatement. The amazing and fantastic news.

Yeah, that's better.

The first person to join the call was Applejack. Her hair was out of its usual low ponytail style, and her head lacked the brown hat that was always on top of it. She was in a blue onesie with lighter blue apples scattered all over it. Winona (her dog) had hopped on top of her lap and made herself comfortable.

"What do you want?" She asks drowsily. Her eyes were half closed and her blonde hair was a mess. She was having trouble staying awake due to it being ten in the morning. Yes, Dash had woken up at ten again.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Dash smirked upon hearing her best friend's remark.

"It's ten in the morning. I'm tired as hell and I wasn't 'sposed to be awake till noon," Applejack growls, her nails unknowingly digging into her dog's fur. She didn't realize until a whimper was heard from the poor dog. "Shit, I ain't mean to hurt you, Winona."

"Don't you wake up at five in the morning anyway?"

"Yeah, when people actually came to buy stuff from the farm," Applejack replies. "Now I ain't got nun to do 'cause of this damn virus."

"We're gonna be here for the rest of our lives!" A high pitched voice exclaims, startling the two girls. Their attention diverted to the new member of the call. "Hello ladies!" Pinkie greeted, her wide grin took up more than half of her screen.

"Sup," Applejack greets in a low tone.

Three more of their friends joined the call, each one of them with the same groggy look on their face. Without a doubt, Rarity looked the worst. She didn't have her false eyelashes that she wore everyday whether she was leaving her house or not, and her eyelids were bare from the usual blue eyeshadow that covered it.

Rarity just wasn't Rarity if she wasn't glammed up.

Dash winced upon seeing her best friends (besides Pinkie) and their sleepy expressions. Maybe I shouldn't have woken them up so early, she thought. Twelve pm would've been better for all of us.

Her friends began to whine about how early it was, and all for different reasons. Twilight whined about getting her final days of sleeping in before online school started. Rarity just wanted her beauty sleep. Fluttershy had accidentally woken Angel Bunny up, and he wasn't exactly being kind to her. And Pinkie was . . . being Pinkie.

"Darling, what could you possibly want to talk about at ten in the morning?" Rarity groaned.

"Yeah. How come you of all people are wakin' up this early?" Applejack's eyes narrowed at Dash, making her release a nervous laugh.

"Maybe it's something important?" Fluttershy tries reasoning with the others. As always, they didn't hear her.

"I may look energized but it's because I ate ten lollipops and drank five cups of coffee," Pinkie says, her body looking like it was about to explode. Dash cringed at the sight, not knowing how to respond.