2.00

About a month and a half passed and the rest of the team I were having lunch, Gil had lost a bet with JT, so he bought. I took one bite of the sandwich and froze, it was disgusting. I chewed it slowly, seeing if the taste was going to get better, and when it didn't, I spit it out.

Dani: What's wrong?

Celine: They messed mine up

JT: Want a bite of mine?

Celine: No, it's okay, I'm just gonna walk down the street and get a hotdog

I stood up and walked out of the precinct. I was walking down the street and the smell of tacos filled the air, and a wave of nausea hit me like a truck. I ran to the nearest trash can and threw up everything I'd eaten that day. 'Okay Celine, somethings wrong'

I made the adult decision to take myself to the doctor and after seeing Dr. Rosemary I was sitting there anxiously waiting. She re-entered the room with a smile on her face.

Dr. Rosemary: I think you know what I'm going to say

Celine: Please don't

Dr. Rosemary: Congratulations, you're pregnant

Celine: I said don't

I leaned back into the chair and covered my face. 'Gold star for Celine, get drunkenly impregnated by a one-night stand who doesn't even live in New York'

Dr. Rosemary: Would you like to go ahead and check on the baby since you're here? You're about-

Celine: A month and a half

Dr. Rosemary: Yes, so you want to do the ultrasound?

Celine: Why not?

I lifted up my shirt and let her handle her business. I went back home and stared at the ultrasound picture for what seemed like hours. I didn't need Malcolm; I could take care of my little bean by myself. I didn't really have another choice; I just had to believe that everything was going to be just fine.