ᶠˡʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵒⁿˢ

PRESENT

"What was your relationship like with the new students?"

Julieta noticed her lawyer sit up straighter in his seat. The brunette furrowed her eyebrows at the woman. "What does this have to do with Marina?" 

The detective shook her head with a reassuring smile, not that it actually did anything to make the teen feel reassured. "It's just a protocol question. Everyone is being asked."

Julieta simply shrugged. "There was no relationship. We were friendly with each other but not friends. I barely spoke to them." 

"Really?" The detective raised a brow. "Because I was told you were specifically close to one of the scholarship students. Christian Varela?"

Julieta tensed. "Who told you that?" 

"Your friend...Carla Rosón..."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

4 MONTHS EARLIER

"Carla, I'm telling you it was going to kill me!"

"It's a cat, Julieta. The most harm it could do is pee on you." 

"Then why did it hiss at me?"

"Because you poked it with a stick!"

"I thought it was dead!" 

Carla rolled her eyes at her best friend and continued walking down the hall. The two froze when they spotted a completely naked Christian Varela strutting down the hall, water dripping down his body and onto the floor, his hands covering his no-no bits.

"Hey, have you seen my uniform? No? Nothing?" Christian asked a group of kids. The rest of the students in the hall stopped their conversation and started laughing and whispering at the sight of the boy.

"Hey princesa, gorgeous." Christian greeted the two awe struck girls with a cheeky grin. "Have you seen my clothes?" The two shook their heads, Julieta was trying not to laugh while Carla looked Christian up and down with a smirk. 

A few moments later, he found his clothes hidden behind a chair in the seating area. As he made his way back to the locker room, he turned around and flashed the two girls. "See you later, chicas." Julieta giggled as Christian turned to an annoyed Guzmán and a snickering Ander and Polo. "You know you want this ass." He winked and the furious Nunier boy.