My Past.

🚨Warning🚨 This chapter has violence, abuse and rape. I don't condone in this behavior it is all fictional. Please skip this chapter if you feel you can't handle it. Thank you lots of love. xoxo

Please listen to the song that goes with this chapter. It's Sage singing it to Piper. xo

  -Sage

I walk back into the house ready to kill that monster. My blood was boiling at this point. Piper had bruises all over her body from him beating her. Her face was already turning purple and I wanted to squeeze the life out of him and see if he liked it. 

I walked into the cabin and found John standing over this pathetic excuse of a human and shake my head. Once again he does my dirty work for me. 

"What the fuck John you couldn't wait a few minutes for me to get Piper in the car?" I hiss. I'm not mad that he killed him, I'm mad because I didn't get to ask him why. Why does he do this to innocent people? What goes through his mind that makes him think this is okay? What does he get out of it?

All these questions I never got to ask my own father. I have had my fair share of violence and abuse. This is why I wanted Piper with me at my house so badly. She needed to be safe, I needed her to be safe. 

I walk back to the car and see Piper shake her head at me. I know she is hurting and, I know she deserves to know the truth about my past. And it's about time she gets the full story. I just have to figure out where I want to start and how I put it where I don't look like a complete piece of shit. 

I slide in the drivers seat and take a deep breath. I grip the steering wheel and go over what I want to say.  "Piper, I want to tell you about my father." I whisper. I couldn't look at her, I would break down if I even seen the bruise on her face. It makes me sad that I couldn't stop it once it again. It's like my life is on replay and I can't change it, or stop it. 

"Sage you don't have to. Not right now. I trust you did whatever you felt you needed to do. If you killed him I don't hold that against you. You are a good honest man, and I know you have love for so many people. You take care of homeless children and help so many people when you can." She cups my face and turns it to hers. She rests her forehead on mine and runs her fingers through my hair. I'm calm in a instant, by just a single touch. I knew she could break me, but I also know she can heal me as well.

"No I need to tell you what happened to me, I need to get it out please just let me talk okay?" I ask pleading she would just let me get it all out before I broke down.

I start the car and back out of the long driveway. I didn't need Piper seeing John carrying Greg out of the cabin. It would be easier telling her while I drove us home, I wouldn't have to look in her big blue eyes and come undone. 

"Okay, I'm here you can tell me anything. I want to help you like you helped me." She gave my thigh a squeeze and a small smile. She looks out the window giving me time to get my thoughts together. This is it, the moment I put it all out on the table. 

"When I was 6 I watched my dad beat my mother half to death. She barley lived through it. She lived at the hospital for 6 months before she was able to come home. In those 6 months my dad beat me everyday. He had no one else to take his anger out on. And I was grateful to finally give my mother a break. I was glad to take her spot, she was the sweetest person you could ever meet. And he broke her down until she didn't want to live any longer. 

She called all her friends and tried to get someone to take me but everyone was too scared to cross my father. She cried herself to sleep every night for as long as I could remember. One day when I was 12 John was over and we was playing in my room. I was never aloud to have any friends over unless my father was working late. He came home early and found out John was over. He went straight to my mother and slapped her across the face." 

I swallow the lump in my throat and I felt tears fall down my face. I don't bother to wipe them off. This is what I needed, I needed to get it all out in the open. I needed to tell my story to the one person who would understand me the most. She has been there, she has lived a similar life. And if anyone understood it was Piper. 

I turn down the high way and pull myself together the best I could. I need to finish before I could talk myself out of it again. 

"My father hit my mother over and over, he drug her to their bedroom and I heard my mother scream bloody murder for her life. By the time John and I got to her room my father was pulling up his pants and my mother laid flat on the bed with blood all over her. She was dead, he rapped and killed her. She had hand prints around her neck and blood was coming from between her legs." 

I started to shake and Piper rubs her hand up and down my leg to comfort me. She strokes my cheek and I calm down enough to stop shaking. "Sage It's okay, take all the time you need. There is no rush. I'm not going anywhere, you have all the time in the world." Piper coos

I smile at her and try to continue. "John didn't even think twice he picked up a baseball bat and hit my father over and over in the head. I stood there and watched him kill my father. He looked at me and drug me out the door down to his house. He told his dad everything that happened. His dad call the cops to come clean up the mess. I was questioned and then put in the foster system. I ran away to Johns house and never left. His mother took me in and treated me like her own. But I was always at a different place every night. I never liked being in one spot for to long. I always watched my back and from that day forward I made a promise I would always help kids who had a rough childhood with no family."

I wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans and dry my eyes. I eye Piper and see her wiping her tears as well. It hits home for the both of us. And I think that is why I fell so hard for her, because she is like me in some twisted fucked up way. We are a mess, but together we are healing. 

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, no child should have to witness their father killing their mother. No child deserves to go through what we did. But we have each other and that is worth all the pain I have ever endured." Piper kisses my cheek and lays her head on my shoulder. 

"Oh I just thought I would let you know I didn't kill Greg , John did. Once again he cleaned up my mess and never batted an eye. One day I would repay that man for everything he as ever done for me." I explained to Piper, I knew it didn't matter to her but I needed her to know I'm not a monster. A little fucked up, but not a monster. I pull into the driveway and thank god I finished telling her everything before we got here. 

"That's good Sage, I know how it would eat you up if you would have. I'm glad you opened up to me, it makes me feel so much closer to you. I love you." Piper kisses my lips and opens her door. I hurry around the car to help her, she was in bad shape and I was not going to let her walk. 

I close the garage door and lift Piper up bridal style carrying her inside. I carry her up the stairs and straight to the bath. I sit her on the toilet while I started her water. I poured in some healing oil and lavender. 

"Piper I'm so sorry I wasn't here to keep you safe. I couldn't save my mother but I will always save you. You have my word I will always save you."