I d💍

I get to the bridal sweet at the venue and my nerves start to settle in. I sip on my champagne and smile at the girl doing my hair and make up. Emma has went all out with making sure I had the best of the best, no hair out of place. She is so silly I will look just fine and Sage will love me no matter how I look. I'm no bridezilla and I don't plan on being mean to anyone over my wedding. It is a day filled with love and happiness. Not stress and yelling because something didn't go right. 

I like to embrace what I have now because I grew up with nothing, I was nothing in a lot of people's eyes. But when I see myself through Sage's eyes I'm his everything just like he is mine. We was meant to find each other and fall in love. My mother would be so happy and proud of me, I know that now and I wish she would have got to see her job as a mother wasn't wasted, I would never waste my life knowing how much she gave up for me and how much she devoted her life just to have me. 

"Piper are you decent? You have a visitor." Emma comes in bouncing on her toes along with a woman I have never met before. I wonder if this is Emma's mother. Oh how exciting. 

"Piper this is Amanda she read about your wedding announcement I put in the paper. I will leave you to alone, oh and don't kill me if I hadn't put it in there Amanda wouldn't have found you. Please remember that." Emma giggles and walks out of the room closing the door behind her and leaving me with this woman I still don't know. 

"You look just like her you know. Her big blue eyes and fire red hair. I bet your voice is just as beautiful as her as well." Amanda sits down beside me and I look at her like she has lost her mind. Who is she talking about and who do I look like?

"I'm sorry but I don't know who you mean." I say and turn to face her. A tear slid down her face and I have a bad feeling this is going to be one sad story. 

"Me and your mother was best friends Piper. She waited for you her whole life. She did everything in her power to live but the cancer spread to quickly. She wrote you a letter a few days before you was born, explaining everything. Did you receive that letter?" She turns to look at me and I just nod my head and try not to cry. I can't ruin Emma's master piece she would kill me. 

"I don't want to make you cry of the day of your wedding. But I did come bearing gifts. I had it made for your mother for when she had you I wanted her to have it. So she would have a little piece of me with her while she had you. But I didn't make it, she went onto labor early and died before I could give it to her. So I would like to give it to you. I know she would love for you to have it." Amanda pulls a small box out of her purse and places it in my hands. I rub the box and wish I could have just met my mother one time so I would know who she was as a person. She sounds amazing in every way.

I open the box and see a beautiful silver locket. It has a music note on it and when I opened it, it was a picture of my mother and Amanda on one side and a baby on the other. 

"I had a picture of you put in there as well. I thought us girls should all stick together. We was going to raise you together, but  when I came back to the hospital after your mothers funeral they had already put you in the system. I looked for you I promise I did. But it was no use you already had a home and I couldn't pull you away even if i would have found you. 

"Yes you could have. But that is a different story for another time. I love this. I will always wear it and cherish it. Please stay and enjoy my wedding, I would love to hear stories of my mother. It would mean so much to me." I wipe my eyes and go to sit back in the chair to touch up my make up. I was in shock of everything I just heard. I wanted more but I didn't have a lot of time. 

"Okay dress time. We have t-minus 5 mins to get you down that aisle." Emma comes in dressed in her long red dress looking as radiant as ever. 

"Hey Amanda would you like to do me the honors and walk me down the aisle?"  I smiled at Emma and she is beaming with excitement.