Fourteen: Dangerously in Love

Jalyn Elisha Baxter

"You set me freeI can't do this thing called life without you here with me'Cause I'm dangerously in love with you I'll never leave"•••

"You set me free
I can't do this thing called life without you here with me
'Cause I'm dangerously in love with you
I'll never leave"
•••

I hadn't slept in literal hours.

It evaded me with the most frightening ease no matter how hard I tried to catch it.

Invi and Red's soiree was only a few measly hours away, and I was set to be meeting Invi and Winter at the Four Seasons where we were going to be getting ready before heading downstairs to the ballroom for the nights festivities. Where I was going to have see Marcus again, and I was not at all ready for that. In all truth I wasn't ready for a lot of things, and the struggle was more evident with every waking moment. My emotions where taking me over and under without a trace of mercy, and I was slowly but surely loosing my mind. As I saw the time getting closer to the party, I felt myself slipping away further from the shores of sanity than before.

After I walked out of the cellar with Marcus, I dragged Terry out of the house and made him drop me off at home without saying a word to him. I was waiting the entire time for him to apologize for speaking so out of turn to my grandmother- the most important woman in my life.

He never did.

I was waiting for him to apologize for picking a fight with Marcus in front of our closest family in their home when he absolutely didn't have to.

He never did.

I was waiting for him to ask me what happened when Marcus and I were in the cellar because a boyfriend who cared would have demonstrated the simplest interest to know.

He never did.

I was waiting for him to see how distraught and emotionally in turmoil I was because the tears were readily stinging my red eyes that matched my red face.

He never did.

He never did. He never did. He never did a thing, and as I was silently crying when we pulled into my driveway he didn't even move to do so much as act as if he would do more than turn and tell me goodbye and that we'd talk later. I pushed out of the car and went into the house with the most heartbreaking swiftness. I hadn't heard from him since then, and quite frankly I didn't think I wanted to.

Marcus was right: I was so tired of being invisible and hiding, but I'd done it so much and so well that I didn't have a clue as to how I was supposed to reveal myself again. I'd spent the better part of my year running away from my problems and feelings instead of addressing them which only led to my turbulent downfall now. The only things in the world in which I was certain was that I hated how much Marcus Daniels was right about everything. That and how his correctness had sent me into a spiral because I didn't know how to deal with a damn thing as it stood. As I drove down the street, I pressed the break timidly turning into the driveway of Granny's house. This was the only place that I could think to go to get myself in order.