fifteen

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚃𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝

(𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜)

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

I don't want to fight with you anymore, Noah," I said, letting the tears fall. On his shoulder. He stroked my back softly. "Maybe we're not meant to be friends." He said. I broke away from the hug to look at him doubtfully. He smiled at me. I blinked to try to understand what he meant.

When I was about to speak, I woke up. It was just a dream.

I sat down and looked at Chloe. She slept like a baby. I got up and adjusted the blanket for her. Then I headed for the door to get some water from the kitchen. When I walked out the door I bumped into someone.

I tripped over my own feet and fell. When I opened my eyes I saw Noah holding out his hand to me trying to smile. I took it and got up. I did not want to be rude. I whispered an apology. He turned to the bathroom as I went down the stairs.

I took the glass I had used before going to sleep and refilled it with water. I leaned against the kitchen counter. I finished drinking and put the glass in the sink. "Can we talk?" he asked.

I almost had a heart attack. I made a small jump and he noticed it because he apologized. "Can we talk tomorrow? I could say bullshit since it's two in the morning." I said heading towards the stairs.

Noah, who in the meantime sat on the sofa, motioned me to sit next to him. "People are more sincere at night." He said. I sighed and sat down where he had indicated earlier.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked already knowing the answer. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I treated you. It wasn't the first time I acted like an asshole to you, but despite this, you always gave me a second chance. And no, don't tell me now that you have to think about it, because you also know that you would regret what you could do." he said pausing.

Everything he said now was true. I would have regretted it if I hadn't given him a second chance.

"I was influenced by her and I regret it very much that I was dated her and I have yet to explain how I could do that when there were other people like you."

Was he looking at me from another point of view or is it just a thing to make me understand that he still wants to be my friend? His speech was taking an interesting turn.

"Believe me I'm tired of always making you suffer for nothing and having to risk losing you every time." he said turning to look at me. "Maybe we're not meant to be friends," he said with a half-smile.

What is happening? Am I dreaming again? It was all so strange. "Noah ... are you drunk?" I asked. He chuckled "Always the same." He said. "You're worrying me." I replied.

He looked at me laughing. "Noah, what game are you playing?" I asked starting to get seriously worried. "At the game called, let's see if you're so dumb to fall in love with your best friend."

He's talking about me or him? I'm really shocked.

"Sorry, I don't think I understand correctly." I said. "I was testing you to see your reaction." he said. "Since when you're testing me?" I asked making him laugh.

He hugged me and said, "Let's start again, I know you're dying to hug me and tell me how much you love me." He said.

I smiled and whispered "Okay" and hugged him tighter to me. "I missed you," He said. I smiled instinctively. "Never again," I said, pulling away to look at him. I handed him my pinky. "Never again," he said. Then he did something I never expected.