twenty-two

𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝙰𝚙𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚙𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

'Cause it's too cold whoa
For you here and now
So let me hold whoa
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

My phone display lit up the room. When I fell asleep it was about two in the morning.

I picked up the phone and looked at who was calling me. I accepted the video call as I tried not to be blinded. "Were you sleeping?" He asked.

"I was waiting for you to call me." I replied sarcastically. Noah laughed. "Sorry, I just didn't have a moment free." He answered. "Don't worry, but if you're tired, go to sleep." I said. "I can sleep tomorrow since I have a day off." He said.

"How are things going?" Noah asked. "Pretty good come on, except that you aren't here." I said.

"I miss you a lot." He answered from the other side of the phone. "But maybe I can come back for Halloween." He said smiling. "Are you kidding?! Halloween is in two weeks away!" I exclaimed.

"I know! Can't wait to come back!" He said. "Shall we talk tomorrow?" I asked after a while. "Sure." He answered. We said goodbye and went back to sleep.

꘎ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡ ꘎

The next day I was quite happy because of the night call. Chloe and Clarisse noticed it.

"What's wrong with you that you're so excited?" Clarisse asked. I looked at them and smiled. "I've received great news." I replied continuing to pedal. "Enlight me." Chloe said.

It was a late October day. The sun warmed the air which began to be colder and colder. The road we were traveling on was full of leaves.

"Around two in the morning, Noah called me." I said biting my lip. Chloe let out a scream. "He said he comes home for Halloween." I finished.

"Oh my God! But that's great. You haven't seen each other in like two months!" Clarisse exclaimed. "If he didn't tell you I would have told you." Chloe said. "You knew it?!" I exclaimed.

"It seems obvious to me." She answered. We set up our bikes near a tree and sat in its shadow. "I was thinking we could have a party." I said after a few minutes.

"Are you crazy?! Do you know how many people will come?!" Clarisse exclaimed. "But do you think I'm having a Halloween party at my house ?! I meant, like, to go to an abandoned place and party there." I proposed.

"That would be cool. And I also know where we could go." Chloe said. "How far is it?" I asked her. "It's five minutes by car from my house." She answered. We glanced at each other and got on our bikes.

The place was a cotton factory. The structure was made from red bricks and was still quite intact. "They closed it in the late nineties, so it's still in good shape." Chloe said opening the gate.

We entered and began wandering around the building. About twenty minutes later we had already thought about where to put everything. "Are you in?" I asked when we got back on the way home. "Definitely!" they answered in chorus.

꘎ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡ ꘎

Weeks went by and so came the waited weekend.