nineteen

𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

Les enfants qui s'aiment s'embrassent debout
Contre les portes de la nuit
Et les passants qui passent les désignent du doigt

Mais les enfants qui s'aiment
Ne sont là pour personne
Et c'est seulement leur ombre
Qui tremble dans la nuit
Excitant la rage des passants
Leur rage leur mépris leurs rires et leur envie

Les enfants qui s'aiment ne sont là pour personne
Ils sont ailleurs bien plus loin que la nuit
Bien plus haut que le jour
Dans l'éblouissante clarté de leur premier amour

Jacques Prevert

"Hello" I replied smiling at him. "How are you?" he asked, approaching slowly. "Well, a little worried, but fine." I said giggling.

Before I could understand what was happening he hugged me. "How the fuck would I have done without you." he said in a whisper.

"I'm glad you want me to know the whole truth." he said breaking away and getting up. "I don't think it was easy." Noah said.

"Let's get to the point." he said putting his hand in his pocket. "There is another reason." he continued. "This," he said, showing a torn journal page.

"Oh my God." I said hiding my head in my arms. "Now tell me why are you hiding? I'm like, wow, my best friend had a crush on me, I mean, that means I'm handsome." he said laughing.

"What?! What does the fact that you were my crush in 2017 have to do with you being beautiful?" I asked raising my head. He kept laughing.

"No, but now seriously, why were you hiding?" he asked, becoming serious again. Is it time to tell him? I wish would take the opportunity, so maybe I should.

"Because you're still my crush." I said all in one breath. "What? Slow down and repeat." He said. Mentally I was cursing myself for my choice.

"You're still my crush." I said more slowly. I don't know what courage I did everything I just did.

"But, wait. How can I be your crush if you've dedicated an entire notebook to a boy? I mean, it was strong emotions you felt for him." Noah said coming closer.

I shook my head and giggled. "I never stopped feeling those emotions." I said looking him in the eye. A spark had ignited. "So the boy in the notebook, it's me." he said sitting down next to me.

I nodded. "You could have told me earlier." He said. "Why?" I asked. I have no idea what's going to happen now.

"Because it was always you." he said looking at the lake. "You were always the one I brought flowers to on Valentine's Day. You were always the one I took to dances. You were always the one I spent most of my days with. You were always the one I love." he finished looking into my eyes.

We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds. Our lips touched. The first real kiss. Long last. Now the weight of my feelings for him was gone, I no longer had to keep it a secret from him. Now the only weight was what comes next.

Noah held my face in his hands. His contact with my skin sent me to heaven. His lips tasted like the sweetest thing ever and were soft.

"You are my person." Noah said moving a lock of hair behind her ear. "You too." I said throwing myself into his arms. "Can you fulfill another one of my wishes?" he asked in a whisper. "Yes." I replied.

"Do you want to be my lantern in this dark wood?" he asked. I chuckled. The fact that he is romantic makes it even more perfect than he already is. "And you ask me?" I replied.