32.

A week later

Lucy

I hesitantly got into the front seat of the car. I didn't get anxiety attacks about sitting in the front seat anymore but it was still something that i found uncomfortable. The guys had finally convinced me to go shopping. More because i didn't really have a choice, i had ripped almost all my clothes because i had gained quite a lot of weight ever since i started living with the guys.

Michael gave me a big smile from behind the steering wheel. "Ready to go shopping?"

I rolled my eyes at his question. "Can't wait"

Luke laughed from the backseat. "Somebody sounds excited."

I was happy that Michael and Luke were the only ones that were joining me today. I don't think i can handle all of them together in a big shopping mall. Going there in the first place was already nerve wrecking enough, small space, lots of people. I had suggested that we could just go to target, they had everything i needed. But Luke said that i deserved more than "those cheap target clothes." He really could be diva sometimes.

Luke was arguing with Michael, luke wanted to drive because he couldn't fit his long legs in the cramped back. But Michael refused and started the car. I laughed at the two of them and leaned my head against the window. The car was driving quite fast making everything appear blurry when i looked out the window. Annoyed that i couldn't look outside properly i sat up straight in my seat and sighted.

Luke looked up from his phone when i sighed and asked "Carsick?"

I turned my head so that i could see him. "No, just annoyed that i can't look outside properly."

He laughed at me."Well why don't we play a game instead?"

I didn't smile back and faced back towards the window. "I don't really feel like playing a game."

Michael looked at me with a concerned look. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"No, I'm just worried about tomorrow. " i said truthfully. I hadn't lied to the guys since i made that promise with Calum. And they were also keeping true to their end of the deal, they truly listened to me and let me handle myself whenever it was safe for me to do so. Tomorrow would be an emotional day for me because we're going to help mrs Middleton move to the retirement home. It all had happend so fast and things would probably even happen must faster after she moves. That scared  me, the thought of the unknown things that would be my life in the future. They all had promised me that i would still be able so see her everyday but it just didn't feel the same. I would just become somebody who she can have a conversation with during the visiting hours. I was her friend but i was also the one that took care of her and now i was giving that job to other people. Her house had always been a safe place for me when me when i lived with me uncle. I may have a good loving home right now but the idea that her house was still there if i needed it was comforting.

Luke put his hand on my shoulder "You will only say goodbye to her house. You will still be able to visit her as often as you want."

I leaned my head on his hand. "I know that but I'm just scared of what is going to happen next. I don't want things to change, i like how they are right now."

"Change is not always a bad thing. For mrs Middleton things will change for the better, she will be safer in the retirement home and most importantly she won't be alone. " Luke said.

I sighed and lifted my head up. "I know that but it's just that more things than just that will change."

Luke removed his hand from my shoulder and said "We can wait a few more weeks with changing school if that is what you really want."

I smiled and looked at him. "I would really appreciate that. I just want to get used to mrs Middleton being in a retirement home and then we will look into different school."

Michael parked the car and opened my door "We've arrived my majesty." He said while a made a bow.

I lauged and got out of the car. "Thank you, my loyal servant."

Luke stretched his legs and then we were ready to enter the big, scary building that was called the shopping mall. I stopped in front of the entrance, i could still turn around and just go home to my safe warm bed. But Luke took my hand and gently led me into the building. No going back now.

Luke

She was definitely very alert, she squeezed my hand at every small little noise. Mabye she was right about going to target instead of going here. It was quite crowed and there were a lot of noises, it made her very nervous and anxious. But thankfully Michael kept her distracted with his weird jokes.

The first store we entered was a shoe store. Lucy stopped in front of the entrance and gave me an confused look. "I don't need new shoes."
I looked at her shoes, they were sneakers that were black and a greyish color that was most likely first white and there was a small hole at the point of the shoe. "Yes you most definitely do." I said firmly to her and pulled her into the store.

I let go of her hand and told her to take a look around to see which ones she liked. She slowly walked trough the store and eventually stopped and pointed at a pair of doc martens. Michael went to get an employee to grab both shoes for her as i told Lucy to sit down on the bench. She kicked her shoes off and accidentally took of her socks in the process, revealing a big scar on her right ankle. I could tell that she didn't want me to see that because she quickly put her socks back on. I gently put my hand on her knee and asked "Can i take a look at it?"

She looked at her feet and thought about it for a second but then nodded and took her sock off again. I kneeled down and put her foot on my knee. I gently touched the scar with my fingers. She slightly flinched when i touched it. "Does it still hurt?" I aksed.

She shook her head. "Only the memory behind it."

I let her foot go and sat back down next to her on the bench. "Did your uncle do this to you?"

She nodded and whiped a tear from her face.

I hugged her "He won't ever hurt you again, he won't even get the chance."

She pushed herself away from me and gave me a thankfull smile.

Michael happily returned with the shoes and let Lucy put them on. They fitted perfectly and she looked so happy when she saw herself in the mirror. She still said that she didn't really need them but i ignored her and checked out.

We went to a few more store but we were quickly all very tired and decided to go home. We had only got the things that she needed beacuse she refused to even look at other stuff even if she liked it. She was used to shop for function and not for fun. But i knew that that would soon change.

I had won the argument with Michael and was driving us home. I drove out of the parking lot and asked Lucy "Did you have fun today?". But she didn't response and when i looked at her i saw that she had fallen asleep.