13: It's still WICKED

"Alana!" Minho yells as I quickly crawl out from the vent under the bed.

"We gotta go right now." I pant, standing up on my feet.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Minho says as I ignore the boys's faint mutters.

"What do you mean, we gotta go?" Newt says to me.

"They're coming. C'mon. We gotta go. They're coming for us!" I exclaim, running over the bed.

I grab a mattress and jog over to the door.

"Paige. She's still alive." I mutter as I start tying the bed sheet on the door.

"What happened in there? Aris, what happened?" Frypan says to him, raising his voice a bit.

"Alana, can you just calm down and talk to us." Newt says.

"She's still alive." I groan.

"Who's she? Teresa?" Frypan says.

"Ava!" I shout, still trying to tie the long bed sheet around the door.

"Ava?" Newt says.

I give grunt in response, still tying the bed sheet around the door handle.

"Will you just turn around and talk to us?" Newt says.

"It's WICKED!" I screech, turning around and the boys looks back at me in awe.

"What?" Frypan says.

"It's still WICKED. It's always been WICKED." I say, banging my fist on the door. "I told you Thomas."

I then jog over and grab the mattress off the bed. I put it against the door.

"Alana." Newt says as he runs over to me.

I slowly pant as he puts his hand on the mattress and I crane my neck toward him.

"What did you see?" Newt says to me and I clench my jaw.

"Just trust me." I nod. "We gotta go, now!" I exclaim, walking back over to the beds.

  ||

I open the big vent, looking both ways. The coast seems to be clear.

"C'mon, c'mon." I say, motioning my hand out and the boys and Aris come out.

I then look both ways one more time with my hands on Newt's shoulders.

"Okay, let's go." I say and the boys start to run after me.

"You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris says and I stop in my tracks.

"What are you talking about?" Minho says.

"Trust me, it's important. You guys wanna get outta here, right? Just go." Aris says.

"I'll go with him." Winston says.

"Okay, Winston, go! Go! C'mon." I say as the boys and I start running.

"You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asks as he runs besides me.

"You don't want to know where we'd be without him." I answer back to him.

We then stop in our tracks as we bump into Doctor Crawford.

"What are you kids doing out?" She says, realizing she had seen us before.

I then hear loud buzzing noises and I look up at the ceiling. Minho then gives me a look and I nod at him. We know what we have to do.