28: There is no goddamn cure

Teresa and I start walking, every police car just passing us as I grip the machine gun to my chest. We then enter the building and I sense her slowing down.

"Don't stop." I mutter, lightly pushing the gun against her back.

We then walk past the scanning system and we keep walking as I look at other guards, my heart racing a bit. I then stop in my tracks, three guards standing in front of us. A few moments pass and they nod their heads, letting us pass. It's Thomas, Gally and Newt. The four of us then start walking down a flight of stairs, passing every window until we reach the room.

"Go, go, go." Thomas says as we raise our guns up while going down another flight of stairs.

"Hold on. Hold on. I can get in here." Gally says, looking at the metal box as he takes off his mask.

"Throw me the walkie." I say and Gally tosses it and I catch it with ease, "Stay here." I tell Teresa, then going down the next flight of stars.

"Frypan, we're in. How you doing?" I say into the walkie.

"Yeah, I'm getting there. Tell Minho, hi for me." Frypan says.

"Hang in there, buddy." I tell him, signing off, then walking back up the stairs to check on Gally.

"This'll work." Gally says as he opens the metal box.

"Brenda, what's your status?" I ask her into the walkie.

"Status is, I'm working on it." She tells me.

"Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end." I respond back.

"Don't worry. You know I'm gonna be there." Brenda says and I let out a tiny grin as I look down at the walkie talkie in my hand.

"Alright, let's go." Gally says as he places a device inside the box and we nod as we lift Teresa up and we start running.

We stop in our tracks and a door open. I shoot the guard with my taser gun, making him fall to the ground. The boys and I then walk closer to the other guards, helping me take the rest of them.

A guard then picks up a gun off the floor and starts shoot at us. I run in front of the boys and jump up, dodging the taser wire.

"Get them, while I get the kids." Newt says as I pull Thomas down to dodge another bullet.

"Newt, go!" Gally says and he nods, running off.

"How do you dodge these so fast?" Thomas yells as we keep shooting.

"My father." I say aloud as I shoot another guard with a taser wire.

I then get up and go to a suspicious room that I had seen before. I open it and take off my mask once I realize it's the kids.

"Let's go. It's okay. You guys are okay. C'mon. C'mon, let's go." I say, motioning my hand out to him.

"Newt, check the other cell." Thomas says. "C'mon, you guys are okay. C'mon." He tells them as he leads another group out.

"C'mon, guys. C'mon." I say as I open another door, revealing more kids.

"Guys, this might take some time." Gally says and I turn to him.

I simply nod as I walk over to a bunker to see nothing but two empty beds and my face drops as I stop in my tracks.

"Shit. He's not here." I say, walking past Newt and Thomas. "Where is he?" I say to Teresa, getting in her face, but she turns her head.

She then walks over to a computer and starts typing stuff.

"Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing." Teresa says, looking at Minho's status. "Alana, that's on the other side of the building." She says to me.