24: The Last City

"Okay, guys, over here!" I yell as I step up on the dock.

"Everyone, quiet down! The queen is speaking!" Newt yells and I shoot him a playful glare as every one finally quiets down.

"Alright, listen up. I know you've all been through hell. I wish I could say our troubles are over. But we're not through this yet. WICKED's still out there. They're not giving up. Cause you got something they want. They took you because you're immune to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. Well, I don't." I say. "And I would know. I used to work for these people." I say and everyone starts whispering.

I then look up to see Thomas leaning against the wall, crossing his arms, making his biceps flex.

"So in two days, when we get this tub of rust seaworthy, we're getting the hell outta here." Vince says as he points to the boat.

"We're gonna go to a place where WICKED will never find you. A place you can start over. A place you can call home. Are you with me?" I say and everyone nods, shouting yes.

I then signal for Vince to take over and he nods back.

"C'mon. C'mon up here. Let's get to work. C'mon, I need some volunteers. Let's go." Vince echoes as I keep walking. "Let's get to work. Let's get these crates on the boat. We got two days before we leave. Alright. Give me a hand up here." I hear Vince say as I wink at Newt while walking over to Brenda who's reading a book.

"Hey." I say as I lean against the car beside her.

"Hey, Alana." Brenda grins back.

"Hello, hermana. Good work today." Jorge says.

"You kidding? You both saved our asses back there. All of ours. Thank you, hermano." I say and he smiles at me.

I then look back up to see Thomas passing by, taking of his chest padding.

"Hi, Tommy." I say and Brenda waves at him.

He gives me a smirk and waves back, his biceps flexing once again.

"He's so into you, he's not even trying to hide it." Brenda says as his footsteps fade away.

"What? No, he doesn't. He still loves that betrayer. And I'm happy with Newt." I tell her.

"So, you don't have any feelings toward him?" Brenda asks, looking up from her book.

"No. And that kiss meant nothing. We were all drugged and I didn't even know what I was doing. I saw you guys as Cranks for fuck's sake." I huff crossing my arms. "And thanks for not saying anything about that." I tell Brenda.

"Well, you may not have any feelings toward him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't." She says. "And don't mention it. I know you would never do that to Newt." She says and I nod.

Jorge then looks at Brenda's leg and unzips the little pocket, revealing her healed bite.

"May I help you?" Brenda tells him, looking up from her book.

"It looks good." I tell her.

"Thanks to you." Brenda sighs with a grin.

"How you feeling?" Jorge asks her.

"Awesome." Brenda answers, setting her book aside.

"I was just asking." Jorge says to her.

"I know, I know, you're just asking. Everybody's just asking. Don't worry. When I Crank out, you'll be the first to know, okay?" Brenda says and I chuckle as she hops off the stool.