16: You're very valuable

"I thought we were supposed to be immune." Minho says and I continue pacing back and forth with my blade in my hand.

"Not all of us, I guess." Teresa says as the fire gets bigger.

"If Winston can get infected, we should assume so can the rest of us." Newt says.

"I never thought I'd say it...I miss the Glade." Frypan says and I close my eyes for a brief second.

"Yeah. Me, too." I croak out.

"Alana, you've been pacing around for over an hour. You need to rest." Newt tells me.

"I'm fine. Besides, showing up Gally was a lot more easier than this." I spit, twirling my blade in my hand.

"Alana-"

"No. I don't wanna hear it." I snap at Frypan. "This is my fault. I failed Alby, I failed Chuck and now I've failed Winston. It should've been me, not them." I say.

"Dammit, Alana! Will you stop blaming yourself? This isn't your fault!" Thomas says, raising his voice a bit as he stands up.

"Hey, let's relax." Minho says as him and the rest of the boys stand up, too.

"Why? This is my fault, Thomas. Unless you're not telling me something. Like, how Teresa isn't dead." I shrug. "Tell me the truth. Did you know she was alive this whole time? Did WICKED make you lie? Did Teresa convince you? Or was this another plan?" I say.

"Yes, I knew. I knew she was alive this whole time." Thomas quietly says. "I'm sorry."

"Asshole!" I yell as I nail him the eye.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Newt yells as him and Minho hold me back.

"You fucking liar! You made me think she was dead this whole time! No wonder you were telling me not to blame myself. Because you knew you fucked up, too!" I yell. "All this time I kept blaming myself, but it was you. This is you Thomas, all fucking you! No wonder why they were looking for us. They know she's with us!" I exclaim as Thomas pats his eye while the boys still hold me back.

"Enough!" Teresa says as her and Aris stand in front of Thomas.

"Alana, calm down!" Newt says as he still holds me back.

"It's Mackenzie." I say and everyone goes silent.

"What?" Frypan says and Newt finally lets go of my arms.

"My first name is Mackenzie. But I like my middle name better." I say, wiping my face.

"But, we don't have middle names. How come you have one?" Minho asks.

"I guess that's what Alby meant when he told me I was always their favorite." I say, wiping the side of my face.

"No, that's not true. How do you know that?" Teresa asks.

"Like I said, I remember. I used to work for those bastards." I tell her. "So did you and your little boyfriend. Hope you both are happy, now." I say, picking up my blade from the ground.

"Alright, let's all get some rest." Newt announces. "You need it the most." He whispers to last part to me.

"No, I'm fine. I'll keep watch." I say, shaking my head.

"Alana, listen to me!" Newt exclaims as he grabs my waist.

"What?" I snap as he pulls me closer to him.

"You need to sleep. You're only hurting yourself. Please, get some rest. I'll keep watch." He pleads to me.

"Fine. But if something goes wrong, you wake me up, immediately. No bullshit." I say to him.