Ch. 33 - Stepping Back

"Break is over, time to go back to work... Let's move on the main topic." Fuutarou was tutoring the group as usual, two days till the exam.

"You all have finished the homework I prepared, it's a good result... but I fear not enough to pass the test." He admitted while looking at five pile of sheets diligently completed.

"We need to study like crazy this weekend, but if things got bad I've prepared a secret weapon..." Fuutarou revealed from his bag six rolled up notes.

"A cheat sheet! With that you could get a passing score if you're in trouble. Be mindful to not get busted!" He explained.

"Never thought you'd resort such trick..." Y/N was surprised by his friend, still thinking about the talk he had with him short before.

"He's right. All our work would be meaningless if we have to use something like that..." The girls firmly refused the easy route.

"I know, so that means we must study even harder. Brace yourself, I'm going to drill everything I can into your heads!" Fuutarou claimed, proud of his students.

"Let's start! It's time to defeat the evil boss... the exam is doomed!" Y/N cheered the group while helping preparing the lesson.

"Before I forget... one of these is for you." Fuutarou gave the hero one of the cheat sheets, to be sure no one fails.

"What?! For me? Thanks but I don't think I need it... Even with all that happened I've studied enough to not being worried." Y/N took the item, hiding it in his pocket.

"I know, but better be prepared for everything." The tutor explained.

"Despite all we've built a great group

"Despite all we've built a great group... I feel this isn't the end but only the beginning." Y/N commented the sight of the sisters happily studying together, about their past experiences with them lot had happened in few months.

"I've already decided, do not try to change my mind... It's the best way for all of us." Fuutarou replied with brooding eyes.

"It's time. The exam will start within ten minutes." Miku heard the ringing bell.

"Good luck to everyone, girls." Nino tried to ease the heavy mood.

"Where are the boys? They've disappeared in a time like this?" Yotsuba asked, not seeing Fuutarou nor Y/N.

"I lent them my phone, they had to make an important call and theirs were out of battery." Itsuki explained.

"Really? The two of them at the same time? Really strange." Ichika noted the odd coincidence.

"It must be something important..." They thought.

"We've been working really hard in the past two days... especially the girls." Fuutarou explained during a phone call with the Quint's father, to have some privacy he was making the call on the school's rooftop.