Ch. 70 - Creeping End, Farewell on a Starless Night

"Explain that again! This time slower."Fuutarou cannot believe what that man was saying.

"The Heaven Pillar was supposed to be our team-leader, the one who would put to action the President's orders. We, members, would follow his commands as a dogma. It went this way for centuries." Kei resumed narration.

"But Griff was different cause he didn't care for such responsibilities, he never had. All due his cursed dream." The man revealed.

"W-What's his dream and why it scares you all that much?" Miku asked.

"He wants to reach Heaven and seize the Celestial Domain for himself, turning into a God in the process." Kei explained.

"That's crazy! Sounds truly impossible." Ichika gasped.

"He can, all due what he learnt about his own powers..." The Thunder Pillar sighed.

"What powers? Isn't he a strong fighter like you all?" Yotsuba questioned.

"Not only that. Griff isn't simply the strongest among us, he's literally invincible. Nothing can phase through his body cuz whatever damage is brought got nullified by Heaven. That's the blessing he's born with." Kei explained.

"Moreover, he had powered up himself for the past six years. Fuelling his bottomless strength with..." He stopped.

"What he had done in order to become the strongest?" Nino asked.

"That's something I shouldn't..." The man took a deep breath.

"So, haven't changed your mind? If you apologize to me and Prez I could make you return home safe and soundly." Griff was laughing.

"Shut up! I won't never submit to you bastards!" Y/N was rushing to him in an endlessly combo.

"Yawn, when you're done give me a shout." Griff was dozing off, unfazed.

"He's invulnerable! Nothing can harm him due his blessing. But I won't give up... there must be a way!" Y/N's techniques were ineffective.

"Booring!" Griff blow away his opponent with a simple punch.

"Gwa! I cannot see it at all. Not only he's crazy strong... he outspeed me by a lot!" Y/N was easily repelled.

"Oh, here I was sure it'd be enough to kill you. You sure got stronger since last time!" The Heaven Pillar complimented.

"I went through Hell and back just to attain the power to end you!" Red Eagle yelled.

"End me? Bha ha ha! So amusing. Here you can't even put a scratch on such blessed body of mine." Griff was enjoying making fun of the struggling hero.

"Every breath you exhale is an insult to our ancestors! Now it's settled, I'll restore the Order to its original role. Here and now! No more World Conquest. No more defied traditions. No more rituals of..." Y/N opposed him with all he had.

"Just asking, how long do you want to play? I'm hella busy today." Griff checked on his watch, dealing against the enemy with just one hand.

"You... you damn!" The hero was fuming with mixed feelings of hatred and shame.

"Now it's all or nothing! Take this, you bastard! " Y/N shot his strongest ki blast, straining his body past its limits.

"Here we go!" Griff launched a counterattack.

"Grr! I won't give up! Never ever!" The two were clashing powers.

"Dear Y/N, you can't win. As I told you countless times, you lack comprehension of the strongest power of all. Without that there is no way to stop me. Now disappear in glory as I fulfil my destiny!" Griff pushed his blast, triggering a tremendous explosion.