Ch. 14 - Night of Stubbornness

"So you're fired if any of us fails the exam? Isn't that interesting?" With a trick Nino discovered Fuutarou's secret, she should be the last person to find out.

"Uesugi-san sure is taking a while in the bath..." Yotsuba was awaiting him in the living room.

"Maybe he is savouring the leftover bathwater of pretty girls... Guys like this stuffs." Ichika teased, looking at Y/N.

"I know... I know... I'm going to call him!" He directed to the bathroom, puffing.

"Would you rather go fetch him?" The eldest sister asked Miku, she was embarrassed at the thought and rejected her proposal.

"What in the world!" Y/N saw Nino leaving the bathroom when Fuutarou was still inside.

"Looks like you had fun... I was planning to help washing your back but seems that "someone" beat me. Lucky guy!" He teased his friend who was walking out in the meantime.

"I'm too screwed to even reply at your jokes..." Fuutarou said in a low and sad tone.

"Ah, there he is. Welcome back!" Yotsuba greeted her tutor.

"S-Sorry for the wait... Let's start to study for the test. Nino, do you want to join us?" Fuutarou asked, sweating at the look of the girl sitting in the kitchen and busy with her smartphone.

"I think I'll pass. There is no need for me to do that..." She smiled.

"A-Alright! Ask me anything you didn't get! I'll clarify every doubt!" He claimed proudly to his three students, hoping to show his utility to Nino.

"Ask to me if he didn't know the answer!" Y/N joked while drinking some water.

"About this! What's the word for "Discuss" in English?" The students asked.

"Good question... It's "De-ba-te". It might be in the test." Fuutarou replied confident, trying to lure the disinterested sister.

"There's something I want to know..." Miku spoke up.

"What type of girls do you like?" She asked, all the presents froze up.

Y/N was about to choke by surprise.

Fighting an initial refuse, Fuutarou thought of a way to use their curiosity.

"If you want to know so badly... I'll tell you my top three preferences of a girl! But I'll reveal one by one when you'll finish a page of problems!" He started this little game, Nino was overhearing them despite hiding the fact.

"Okay. I'm done!" → N.3 Full of Energy.

"Next!" → N.2 Good at Cooking.

"I'm done!" → N.1....

Miku got Doki Doki

Ichika got Doki Doki

Yotsuba got Doki Doki

Nino got Doki Doki

Y/N got Doki Doki

→ Cares a lot about her elder brother!

"Aren't you just talking about your sister?!" Nino yelled, caught off guard.

"I worked so hard... and you were talking about Raiha-chan! That's so sly!" Yotsuba protested.

"Ha ha ha, you are incredible!" Y/N cannot stop laughing, as long as he noticed a depressed Miku contemplating Fuutarou's list.

"I'm the complete opposite..." The girl thought.