Ch. 53 - To the Bottom and then Upwards

"And I blurted out everything about my feelings on the spur of the moment, unaware she was behind me..." Y/N was wining, laying depressed over a table surrounded by empty bottles.

"This kid's drunk the entire bar!" Kei was sitting with him inside a local the two sneaked in.

"Listen, I got the picture more or less. But being rejected is no reason enough to go waste this much." The man was explaining.

"To be fair I wasn't rejected, I fled before Miku could even say something. Man, how I'll ever be able to talk to her again?" Y/N corrected, about to burst in tears again.

"Now I get it loud and clear, you're an idiot!" Kei scolded him while getting up.

"Hey! You're supposed to cheer me up." The boy retorted.

"I'm not! I'm here for a sole reason. Now suit yourself and get out, we'll end what we began..." Kei wanted to fight, cracking knuckles.

"Fine, fine... I'll beat your ass and force you to listen me." Y/N followed him outside after paying his drinks.

"Honestly, I don't like hurting an old man..." He revealed.

"Never say that again! I'm not even forty, I consider myself pretty young. What's wrong with your generation? Calling old everyone after thirty... My daughter is of your age and she's of the same page." Kei complained.

"Figures. Okay, Mr Teenager, how's your pension plan going?" Y/N asked.

"Pretty well, within ten years I'll be able to afford... Hey, now you're making fun of me!" The man lost temper due the joke.

"Alright, now we can finally...!" Kei was about to attack before realizing his opponent was laying on the ground.

"Don't tell me..." He approached the boy to confirm his suspects. As he expected Y/N had fallen asleep in the middle of the street, most due him being dead drunk.

"Oh, come on! Son of a -" Kei got mad, his battle postponed again.

"I informed the teacher he's not well. How are things going?" Fuutarou was back in his room.

"He was whining due bad headache not long ago. What happened after you two went ahead to the temple? Y/N looks peaky since then." Takeda informed him, raising questions.

"Nothing relevant... I bet he drank too much on his way back." Fuutarou was evasive about the fuss occurred.

"Luckily that assistant helped me dragging him all the way to his bed. Y/N sure is heavy!" The boy huffed.

"He's not... you're only too weak. But, just asking, what assistant?" Maeda was doubtful.

"The PE teacher's I guess, he was well built and knew a lot about nutrition. He left back notes on what Y/N's supposed to eat to get better." Fuutarou wasn't aware of Kei's true identity.

"I think I need some water." Y/N got out from his room, pale white.

"Be careful, in your condition you should slowly..." Maeda was ignored as the boy emptied an entire bottle of mineral water in one go.

"We are being called for dinner, do you feel coming with us?" Takeda asked, about to reach the canteen.

"I don't think I'll be able to eat solid food, so I pass. Guess I'm going to bed early." Y/N's headache was kicking once more.

"It's not recommanded sleeping on an empty stomach. Be sure to follow the instructions left by that teacher." Fuutarou greeted him, worried.

"Sigh, 'teacher'... What was that idiot thinking?" Y/N opened the note left by his opponent.