Ch. 35 - New Year, Old Duties

"Tsk. Uncertain luck? I was hoping some good blessing this year." Fuutarou complained his visit to the shrine, he was paying respect to the Gods together with his family.

"Ha ha ha, a gloomy one like you can expect no better! Try enjoying life much more and luck will stuck with you." Isanari laughed due his son's reaction.

"Excellent luck! Yay!" Raiha was over the moon for her bless.

"Let's see mine... Terrible luck. Be mindful of old acquaintances. They might cause a ruckus if rubbed the wrong way... Is it even a blessing?" Y/N was a bit disappointed for the result.

"Enough! I need more resolve for the time being! In the new year for sure I'll find a girlf-" He was shouting, interrupted by Raiha.

"Big bro, Y/N... Look who's here!" She pointed at five girls wearing beautiful furisode.

 Look who's here!" She pointed at five girls wearing beautiful furisode

"Why do we always run into you two?!!!" Nino was upset.

"Guys, Raiha-chan! Would you like to visit our place?" Yotsuba asked them.

"No, I've a really strict schedule to attend and..." Fuutarou was about to refuse.

"Of course we would!" Y/N and Raiha accepted, ignoring him.

"Whaaa! They kissed!" Itsuki was watching a TV drama with her sisters.

"Good thing we made it in time to see the ending..." Yotsuba was pondering.

"Hey, I bet there is something better on air... Mind if I?" Y/N was about to switch channel.

"Not again! Put down the remote and be quiet!" Nino pushed him.

"What's the point of staying here? Can we go home, Raiha?" Fuutarou was looking the scene, emotionless.

"Now, now. It's New Year's day. Let's take it easy at least today." Ichika replied his complains.

"Fuutarou, Y/N, happy New Year... Do you want some home-made snack?" Miku offered them a menacing tray filled with food.

"Thank you but I'm full..." Fuutarou rejected the offer, worried by the girl's cooking skills.

"Yahoo, I'm in! Thank you, Miku!" Y/N began to eat the meal not bothered at all.

"Maybe I had the wrong idea... I thought your family was wealthy..." Raiha was at unease, looking around the half empty house.

"Ha ha ha, a lot happened. We still have to buy most of the furnitures." Ichika explained.

"Well, the TV should be the last." Fuutarou talked back.

"You, monster! How could they be able to watch anime otherwise?" Y/N defended the girls.

"You're too noisy... Be quiet and sit here with us. Today is pretty cold..." Nino invited the guests inside their kotatsu, to stay warm all together.