3#arrival#

The ship finally landed,the ship's doors opened and as I took one step ,I inhaled the fresh air for a long time.

It been four years since I went out without a heavy suit on me.

Outside waiting for us were Karrie's family and the president of NASA there to shake our hands.

After shaking hands with Mr O'Neil ,they did not even give us the chance to rest.

We went straight to a room filled with the press.

Questions immediately erupted once they set their eyes on me and Karrie who had a genuine smile while I had a scowl which I quickly replaced with a fake smile.

One journalist stood up.

"Miss Davison,did you find any living creature in Mars?" She asked.

"No,we did not find any living thing on Mars and we also have no evidence for living things."

"What about water"a journalist asked.

"The water on Mars is either frozen or is in the atmosphere ,apart from that,no running water,but miss John here(I pointed to Karrie)knows all about how they got water for us."I said signalling Karrie to talk.

"Well,we unfreeze the water sometimes or we extract from the atmosphere either one."Karrie said.

"Can plants survive on its land."a female journalist asked.

"Unfortunately ,no,the only way we got plants to grow was through the green house,and we had imported loamy soil from earth and fertilizers to grow plants over there"Karrie answered with a smile on her face.

After answering more questions for a little while,they had ,drivers take us to our destinations,I waved Karrie goodbye and she did the same while  we went our separate ways.

On the road I figured out things has really changed on earth,some green places were now replaced with houses,there was smoke from cars,polluting the air,it was just so disturbing.

I just hoped the cottage and all the flowers around it was fine.

I was wrong.

On getting to the cottage,i saw a factory far a way from it,but I could see it.

It was because of the factory , the grasses and flowers all died,the little lake that I loved seeing was now black and polluted.

I wanted to cry,they destroyed my green pastures.

It was a very peaceful place and now they killed all the plants around it,all that was left for me to remember of my childhood was that cottage.

I walked in and I was happy everything was still the same. When my parents passed away,the government took me away ,to the orphanage .

I would have sued the factory if the land was for us but it was not,the cottage was,but the green pastures belonged to the government.how sad.

And I was not blind to not realize so people had started building companies around here.

Soon,there was going to be companies ,and factory building around the cottage and that just broke my heart.

But what broke my heart the more was that the humans did not know what they were getting their selves into,if they continued like this,it will bring the destruction of earth sooner than they expected,one thing I knew for sure was we had to stop it.

*******************
Very devastating right,so we should all try our best to try a preserve our earth eco system unless we want to become roasted meat.

Try planting trees,stop the bush burning,and we should recycle plastics instead of letting the fishes suffer.

I know we can all make a difference if we try ,so please try.

Thanks.

Xoxo