Episode Eighteen - Where it Ends

The Five Lions of Darktron fly out from the depths of space. They cruise into a vast star cluster. Galra ships and robeasts flow through the system like mechanical rivers. Their numbers group up in places, orbits around the dozens of planets and asteroids in the clusters. As the dark paladins neared the center of the cluster, Is The Array. The teleduv along with a series of progressively smaller rings leading down from the teleduv. Robeasts gather around each of the rings, save for the smallest one. A much smaller space station orbits around the Array.

The dark lions touchdown on one of the station's circular landing platforms. The five dark paladins step out of their lions.

Luca is waiting for them. Beside her is a bulky galra.

"Vrepit sa." The galra salutes.

"My lords." Luca bows. "It is an honor to receive you on the day of your final victory."

"Spare me." Zarkon grunts.

Luca only nods, but Lotor winces at the rebuke. Zarkon narrows his eyes at the large galra beside her.

"Who are you?"

"Commander Ru'vak, sire." The galra says.

"He works directly under myself." Sendak explains. "Seeing as our attention may be focused elsewhere, I have made him commander of our galra forces for the time being."

"Very well," Zarkon rumbles. "Tell us the status of the troops."

"We're on schedule. Everything should be in position in three vargas." Ru'vak explains.

"And what of our enemy's movements?"

"That is...where the bad news comes in." Luca speaks up.

"I'm not fond of bad news. Go on."

"They're preparing for battle. Exact estimates of their time of arrival is unclear. But it is...possible that they will be here before the breach is opened."

Zarkon smiles. "You lied. That was good news."

Luca tilts her head in confusion.

"This is my final conquest. I would be disappointed if there was no battle. One final fight to cement victory over all existence!"

"It would be...wise to avoid a battle if possible." Honerva says. "Damage to the array could be disastrous. And if even one of robeasts is knocked out of formation during the initial operation we'll have to repeat the entire process."

Zarkon frowns.

"I'm not presuming on your authority. Only giving you my best advice as your wife."

"...I am not planning on waiting for them to show up. Merely relishing the possibility of killing my enemies with my own hands before victory. But if they are late to the party...then that is that. They shall live long enough to bear witness to a new reality being born. I won't risk the plan just for my own satisfaction. See that we are not...unduly interrupted once the operation begins."

"I've already seen it. Every planetary shield system we control has been brought in. There are still a few yet to arrive, but once assembles we should have a nigh-unbreachable shield to prevent any interruptions in the breach opening." Luca explains. "Your victory is as certain as it is great."

Her words are confident, but a flicker of hesitation enters her eyes. She glances over at Lotor. He returns the gaze, uneasy.

Zarkon, either oblivious or unconcerned at the exchange, looks up from the platform, into space the star cluster, and all their forces spread throughout. Smaller, hexagonal stations line up around the prime station.