Chapter Four

They escorted Yuri to a van and rode to the school. England was beautiful in an eerie way. Everything in London was so formal and exquisite. The construction was unique and brilliant, in Yuri's thoughts.

They arrived at a white marble building and went inside. Pictures and portraits of the orchestra and extraordinary players were hung all over the wall.

Suddenly, from the corner of her eye, Yuri saw a lock of slick blonde hair disappear at a corner of the hallway. The girl's breath caught in her chest as Simon's silvery blonde hair flashed across her mind. She dropped her suitcase and ran to the hall where she had seen the boy. But, just then, the doors opened, and the crowd of students holding violins came out. Yuri searched frantically for the boy, but he was gone.

"Yuri, is anything wrong?" the voice of Randy brought her back to her senses.

"Oh, nothing." Yuri hesitated, then asked. "Is there a boy named Simon Kwon in the orchestra?"

Randy looked at her, puzzled." No, Yuri. Do you know someone of the name?" he asked. Yuri's eyes locked with Randy's, and then she shook her head.

Later, Yuri was brought to a dormitory, there were two beds. Randy addressed Yuri to hers, which was on the far right.

"Yuri, I understand if you're tired, but in an hour, there will be a welcome ceremony. You can come if you wish."  Randy set down her suitcase and walked out. The girl peered around the dormitory and hung her clothes up in the closet, that she shared with the other girl. She'd just set down her picture of Simon and her when the door opened and a girl entered. The girl glanced at Yuri, then walked up to her and held out her hand, her blonde curls dangling from an expensive butterfly hairpin.

"Hello, I'm Emily Radley. You share a room with me." The girl said abruptly in a superior tone.

Yuri held out her hand and shook Emily's.
"I'm Yuri Kwon." She introduced.

"Oh, so you're the girl from America? Going to the ceremony? I wouldn't miss all the attention of the world if I were you." Emily sat on her bed and popped a candy into her mouth. "I play the viola, you?"

"I play the harp", Yuri explained. She did not feel like engaging in conversation with anyone right now, especially Emily. Emily seemed to read her thoughts, and she hopped off her bed, looking bored.

"Well, I'm leaving."

The girl slammed the door behind her.