Chapter Seventeen

The night of the ball was cheerful and wonderful. Yuri finally gave in to Emily's endless nagging and decided to go to the ball dressed in the red satin dress. Emily and her crowd of friends were to meet their dates in the gym but Randy waited for Yuri.

Thomas and Emily stood chatting. Thomas wore a long and handsome black suit with a tie while Emily also wore a red satin dress. The gym was crowded with people among which half of them were Emily's snobby and popular friends. Thomas's mind kept drifting to Yuri and he went for the door twice with every intention to visit her but he was stopped by Emily.

Just then, Thomas's eyes caught a flash of red on a person that just entered the gym. It was Yuri and Randy and she was wearing exactly what Emily was wearing. Thomas was so shocked that he dropped his cookie. Emily noticed and suddenly put a hand to her head to pretend she was upset.

"I feel so ashamed, Thomas. Yuri told me she didn't like that dress and it was ugly and a waste of money. In spite of that, she went and bought the exact same one for the ball. I think I'll go back to my dormitory before she sees me."

She sped away before Thomas could stop her. He stared at Yuri in stunned silence. He had a look of disbelief and disgust on his face. She had lied to him and she had lied to Emily. She told him she wasn't coming and yet she turns up with Randy. What kind of rotten heart does she have?

Two days have passed since the ball and Thomas refuses to speak a single word to Yuri. He stayed with Emily who was beyond happy. She had finally won Yuri Kwon.