Chapter Ten

Thomas was totally surprised. Yuri clung onto his neck and broke down completely. He didn't know why he didn't shove her off and snap at her to come back to reality, but he didn't. He just let her hug him and weep.

"How could you leave me like that? Do you know how much I missed you? I thought about you every night, Simon. I love you so much." Yuri wept and her voice was shattering.

Thomas didn't speak.

"Simon, please don't leave me again..." Yuri gasped.

Then, to Thomas's astonishment, she pressed her soft lips on his and kissed him softly.
'She is in so much pain and suffering.' Thomas thought sadly. 'She must've loved Simon with all of her heart.' 

Tears slid rapidly down Yuri's face from her half opened eyes. Just then, Yuri gasped in surprise and stopped kissing Thomas.

"I... I'm so sorry, Thomas." She apologized hastily.

Thomas continued to stare at Yuri.

"It's alright." He said, beginning to blush.

"I'd better go now." he said awkwardly.

Yuri blushed and nodded. She draped a robe around her shoulders and escorted Thomas downstairs.

"Could you tell me who Simon is?" Thomas asked.

Yuri looked at him and shook her head sadly.

"I'm afraid not, Thomas," she said quietly.
"I'm sorry.

Thomas's smile faded.

"You know, it's better if you stopped living in the shadow of that dead boy!" he said stiffly and his lips pursed in a thin line.

Yuri turned to Thomas in disbelief.

"How I live my life is my business, not yours!" she snapped.

"Use your brains, if you have any." Thomas shot back. "What good is it to live your life thinking Simon will be back, when he will never?"

The girl felt a fresh wave of tears flow down her face.
"And what would you know about love, Thomas Vacur?" she snapped coldly. "I bet a block of ice like you have never loved anyone in your life! How would you know how I loved Simon?"

Thomas didn't answer. Yuri stared furiously at him for a moment, and then stormed back to her dormitory. She slammed her door shut. Emily had not yet returned. Yuri was glad. She was getting sick of the girl's taunting. Yuri stood fuming for a long time as hot tears sting her eyes bitterly.