Chapter Twenty Six

Yuri walked down the hallway of the school. She is going to die soon and would never be able to see Thomas ever again. He left her. She was afraid he would leave her just like what Simon did but she was going to leave him soon instead. She is going to make Thomas endure all the pain she had gone through. Yuri didn't want to die. She wanted to be with Thomas forever.

Suddenly, an immense pain shot through her body. Her veins, bones and muscles felt as if they were on fire. She felt her vision go blur again and this time, her head was spinning too. She knew she was going to die. She's going to die right in the middle of the hallway. Die in front of all her schoolmates. Die without a last look at Thomas. Her legs finally gave away beneath her. Her books fell with a loud thud onto the marble floor and she fell with her books. Everyone in the hallway turned to look at her. The moment she hit the floor, Yuri's eyes closed and she lay still.

Thomas ran all the way out of the airport. He waved frantically for a cab and climbed in. The cab broke down halfway there so Thomas had to run the rest of the way. His hair flew behind him and he felt sweat trickling down his forehead. Yuri is waiting for him in the hospital. She is still alive and waiting for him. He had to see her. He could see her pale face wincing in pain and she was crying and gasping. Thomas quickened his pace.

Emily was waiting outside the hospital. Tears stained her white face and she has a blank expression.

"Emily, where's Yuri?" Thomas grabbed her shoulders and asked.Emily didn't reply but sobbed silently.

"Thomas she's in the emergency room right now. Dr. Brown said her condition worsened. She fainted in the hallway. He reckons she could not live past the next three weeks." Emily said before breaking down completely.

Thomas stumbled back looking stunned. He felt his ears pounding and before he knew it, he bolted toward the emergency room.

"Yuri!" he shouted frantically trying to burst into the emergency room.
Aaron Spiel and another doctor held him back. Thomas fought desperately but couldn't free himself.

"Thomas, calm down!" Mr. Spiel ordered as he gripping his son's shoulders and shook it hard.

"How can I calm down?" Thomas yelled.

"Yuri's lying in the emergency room dying! How can you expect me to calm down?"

"You're not helping Yuri being this way! Calm down!"

Thomas looked at his father wearily.
"Father, I just want Yuri back! I just want her back..."

Aaron Spiel clasped a hand on Thomas's back.