Chapter Fifteen

Yuri stopped and leaned on Thomas's shoulder.

"That's lovely." Thomas said.

"I feel the same way towards you." He smiled.

Minutes passed and Yuri slowly fell asleep. Thomas laid her down and gently kissed her on the forehead. He then left.

"Miss Yuri, you can leave today. "Dr. Brown informed her. "Feeling better?"

"I'm fully recovered due to your careful treatment. Thank you." Yuri said, packing up her books.

"You know, Mr. Vacur is a fine young man." Dr. Brown said suddenly.

Yuri looked up in surprise. "Yes indeed he is."

"Do you really think he can replace Mr. Simon's place in your heart?" the doctor stopped cleaning and looked down at his hands.

"He will never be Simon, you know. My wife died, and though I've met some fine young women, they will never replace her. Are you really loving him or just using him as a mere shadow of Simon? If you're just using him, you will hurt him more than you can imagine."

Yuri looked down too. Now that Dr. Brown mentioned it, she wasn't sure anymore if she wanted Thomas. She didn't want to hurt him and use him merely because he looks like Simon. She can't pretend he is Simon because he's not. That would be too unfair for him. Yuri suddenly realized she was still standing in the ward. She quickly bid the doctor goodbye and left.

Yuri reached her dormitory thirty minutes later. Emily stood there, glaring at her.
"Emily, what..."

Emily slapped Yuri across the face. "You filthy little hag, how dare you get involved with Thomas?" the girl snapped, her face in a frightful glare.

"I told you to stay away. He's mine. You just like him because he looks like that wretched brother of yours, Simon! You have to break up! You're hurting Thomas rather than loving him!" she glared at Yuri, hate blazing in her blue eyes.

Yuri stared intently at Emily, tears in her eyes. They weren't tears from the stinging pain but from the fact that Emily was right.

"I can give him real love! How can you just come in and break us apart? We were a fine couple before you came in! You're so unfair to me and to him!" Emily glowered at Yuri and then stormed out of the room.