Chapter Six

"You really like him, don't you?" she asked. Yuri looked away but didn't answer. To Yuri's horror, Emily dropped the picture. The glass frame crashed to the floor an it shattered. The picture lay in the puddle of broken glass.

"NO!" Yuri cried, bending to pick up the picture. The girl felt her heart shatter the moment the glass shattered. Tears streamed down Yuri's face as she held the picture to her chest.

"Why did you have to do that?" Yuri cried, glaring up at Emily with tear-filled eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. It just slipped out of my hand." Emily said sarcastically. She moved her face closer to Yuri's. "But I'm warning you, Yuri Kwon, I like Thomas, so stay away. He's mine." She stepped over the glass an stalked out, leaving Yuri and her shattered frame and heart.

Neither Yuri or Emily mentioned anything about the picture incident. Yuri performed spectacularly the next few days and their orchestra concert was a great success.

Thomas walked over to his dormitory after the day of exhausting performing. His fingers were numb from playing. He reached his dormitory and found his dorm mate, Willis Patan sitting on the floor, three cups upside down in front of him.

"Want me to foretell your future for you, Vacur?" Willis asked, wrinkling his forehead.

"No thanks, Patan. I've outgrown fortune-telling." Thomas said coldly.

"Come on Vacur. Try it." Willis nagged, pulling on Thomas's sleeve.

The boy swung free and rolled his eyes, sitting down across Willis.

"Pick one." Willis instructed, mixing the three cups up. Thomas gave an impatient sigh and picked the middle one. Willis carefully opened the cup and took out a piece of paper.

"Oh, this is a love spirit. It says the girl of your life is getting closer to you now. You will find on her a card that says the same thing as I said to you." Willis said, with a look of awe on his face.

Thomas rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

"It's just a bunch of crap, as usual." He muttered, climbing into bed.