Chapter Seven

Yuri walked back to her dormitory after a day of music class. Suddenly, a shoulder knocked into hers and immense pain shot through her shoulder bones. It was Thomas. 

For a moment their eyes met. Yuri stared deep into Thomas's blue eyes and saw something. She wasn't sure what it was but it looked like a streak of sunlight through all the ice. She stared at him for a long while and he stared back. Yuri couldn't believe that anyone could look so alike in this world. 

The girl thought of Simon's handsome face, his wonderful blue eyes and that he would be standing here right next to her joking and laughing like old times if he hadn't died in that horrible accident. If it weren't for that other stupid driver, Simon would still be here. A single tear rolled down her cheek and she let it trickle down her chin.

"Why do you always cry whenever you see me, Kwon?" Thomas asked as he narrowed his eyes so they looked like slits.

"You remind me of someone," Yuri said vaguely, looking as if she's in a trance.

"Someone that meant the world to me. Someone who would be here today if that car accident hadn't occurred one year ago."

Yuri turned on her heels and sped down the hall toward her dormitory. She hated facing Thomas. She didn't look back to see Thomas staring after her for a long time. Somehow he remembered so clearly the way she looked at him. The way her tears rolled down her cheeks when she looked into her eyes. He slowly felt his heart crack.

'Why would he care?' Yuri thought.

'Why would he care that she cried. Unless he is really Simon?'

Before Yuri could think about how was that possible, something on the ground caught her eye. It was a card that was lying face down. Curiously, Yuri picked it up.

"The boy of your life is getting closer." Yuri read the card out loud.

The girl smiled wanly. She didn't believe in fortune telling , but she stuffed the card into her pocket and went off to her dormitory.