Chapter Twelve

Emily sneered behind Yuri's back and quickly dropped a quill down onto the floor. Then she gasped. "Look!" Emily cried as she bend down to pick up the pen again as Yuri turned around.

"What is that?" she asked wearily.

"This pen, it's... It's..." Emily stammered.

"Whose is it, Emily? Whose is it?" Yuri demanded, grabbing the pen.

"It's Thomas's!" Emily said slowly, studying Yuri's face.

Yuri's eyes widened in horror and anger and then she ran out of the room. Emily's lips curled into a sneer.

Yuri burst through Thomas's door to find him studying. His dorm mate Willis was sprawled over his fortune cards. They both looked up in alarm.

"Thomas Vacur!" Yuri shrieked, tears flooding down her cheeks. "How dare you do that!"

"What are you talking about, Yuri?" Thomas asked, looking at her, puzzled.

"Don't deny it! Yesterday we fought and today I find my room wrecked and Simon's pictures torn up!" she screamed.

"I knew something like that would happen." Willis said.

"Shut up Willis. Your room wrecked?" asked a concerned Thomas. "But who..."

"And guess what I found?" Yuri went on.

"This!" she threw the quill down onto the floor. Thomas stared at it.

"That is not mine!" he cried, enraged.
"Yuri, this is treacherous!"

The girl covered her ears. "You know what's treacherous? It is how I ever see anything good in a horrid person like you!" she snapped, before bolting out the door, leaving Thomas staring after her.

Yuri cried and cried that night. She didn't return to her dormitory because she knew Emily would be smirking. Hence, Yuri spent the night walking around the area. She was not exactly angry, just heartbroken. She had trusted Thomas with her heart and maybe secretly loved him. Despite that, he did something beyond horrid, and now the shadow of Simon weighed down on her even more. How could she have been so gullible and naive?

Just then, Yuri felt the same pain strike her as it did when she found her wrecked photos. Her legs suddenly felt weak and they buckled beneath her. Her energy drained out of her slowly and she fell down.

A loud honk threw Yuri out of her pain. She suddenly realized she was kneeling in the middle of the street and a car was roaring down the road.
'Maybe this is how Simon died' she thought.

A loud honk and a blinding flash of light. Maybe that's it. The car horn honked again but Yuri didn't have the strength to move. White light blinded her and she knew nothing. Her fortune card fell out of her pocket and was crushed by the wheels of the car.