Chapter Eleven

Thomas stood still in the hallway downstairs. Yuri's words hurt him more than he could have ever imagined. He never thought any words could affect him so deeply. But she was right. He didn't know anything about love until he met Yuri, until today. And he never did love anyone in his life. He didn't know how to love. 

His father had been in a gang. He had lost money so he began taking money from Mrs. Vacur's side of the family. He killed Mrs. Vacur's parents and was later assassinated by the gang leader. Mrs. Vacur sent Thomas under the protection of a friend before jumping into a lake and died. 

Thomas lived for twelve years being tortured and enslaved by the couple whom he thought were his parents. Then the couple lost everything to a robbery and sold him to Mrs. Vacur's aunt, an elderly woman who was too old to care for him. On her deathbed, she revealed the truth Thomas had never known. 

The old lady gave Thomas her small fortune and he attended the orchestra. Aaron Spiel, upon hearing Thomas's tragic life, took no money from him.

He never did love. He did carry a little thankfulness for his mother's aunt, who had told him the truth. He had spent his eighteen years of life in misery. 

Nobody could understand the pain and misery he went through. Now he lived with Aaron Spiel and Mr. Spiel's son and for the past two years, he had lived like a human.

Emily watched silently behind the door. Her mouth formed an angry sneer of jealousy and she exhaled deeply. Her devious eyes were shining with malice towards Yuri.

It was the next day and Yuri was finished with classes. The day was stormy and grey with thunder rumbling in a distance. She was putting her books into her locker when she spotted Emily speeding toward her.

"Yuri, I don't know who did it! Come!" Emily gasped, panting slightly.

Yuri turned curiously and went after Emily. Emily led Yuri to their dormitory. Yuri opened the door and gasped. Her drawers were flung open and all her photos with Simon were torn up and scattered over the floor. Tears stung her eyes as she bend down to pick the ripped pieces of her photos. Her heart hurt like crazy and she slid onto the floor. Slowly, she felt her breath got caught in her throat. She couldn't breathe.