Chapter Thirty Two

"I'll hold your hand and help you stand
when you need me.
I'll truly love you and be your eyes
when you are blind.
I'll help you find your way and be your compass
when you are lost.
I'll keep you warm and be your blanket
when you are cold.
But I believe when we're together,
we can accomplish whatever we want.
We will hold hands... side-by-side...
With... nothing... to worry..."

Yuri stopped clapping and chanting. Her hands fell onto her lap and her head rolled to the side against Thomas's shoulder.

Thomas felt tears penetrate his eyes but he did not stop. He continued chanting and clapping and finished the poem.

"And nothing to hide.
We can be together.
Just you and me together forever."

Thomas looked down at Yuri but she had died. He felt pain strike through his heart and he cupped her head in his hands.

"Yuri, I'll be your compass and blanket! I'll be your anything! Yuri, please don't go! Yuri!!!" he held her head and shouted as more tears streamed down his cheeks.

A huge wave crashed against the rock with the words, "Yuri and Thomas Forever". The words were washed away by that wave along with Yuri's life.

Yuri Kwon died on December 14th, exactly two years after her brother's death.

Thomas stood by the ocean. It was three months after Yuri's death. He glared at the ocean with tears falling unashamedly down his cheeks. He had promised Yuri they would be together forever, and he had decided that if she couldn't stay with him, he would go to her. He took a step into the cold ocean... and then took another step ... and then another...