Chapter One:

The metal door slid open and I stepped inside. Briskly I walked into the cluster phobic room. It was filled to the rim with kids my age and parents, whom were hugging them good-bye.

Correction, I thought, boys my age. So far, I'd seen no girls here. None.

Why don't any girls do this Cadet academy? Surely I'm not the only one interested?

I shrugged and put my pack on the floor near a wall and took out my registration papers. Then I stood up, and made my way to the registration desk. Unfortunately, I was more interested in if I had my height and weight right rather than where I was going.

Suddenly my body slammed into something tall and firm. My papers dropped to the floor, but luckily stayed in a general place. I, on the other hand didn't, and bounced off and landed on the ground.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" A voice asked.

I looked up at the thing I bounced off of. It was a boy, maybe a little older than me. He had tan skin, and blueish/black hair. But the thing that really caught my attention was his eyes. They were very dark blue, almost purple.

I might've sat on the ground for a whole minute staring at him before he said, "Uh... You okay?"

"What?" I asked dumbfounded, "Oh! Oh yeah! Y-yeah."

I blushed and kneeled forward to collect my papers. Stupid.

"Here." He put his pack down and helped me pick up my papers.

I looked up to say 'thank you', but once again I was frozen by his eyes. In all honesty, they were the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

He laughed a bit, handing my forms to me. Then he grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet. As soon as he touched me I felt something like fireworks erupting in my stomach, almost making my shiver.

"Ah, thank you." I said, focusing on not stuttering.

The guy flashed a smile. "No, problem Sparks."

I gasped a bit. "How'd you know my name?"

He smiled again and tapped my papers with a finger. "It was on you forms."

"Oh," I said. Stupid, I thought again.

"No you're not." He said suddenly.

"Huh?"

"You're not stupid." He said again.

"How'd you know what I was thinking?" I asked, a little freaked out.

"Uh... You know I don't really know." He said, then scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I tend to do that to a lot of people."

I giggled a little. "What's your name?" I asked.

"E-" he began than coughed a little bit. "Sorry, I'm Dev, Dev Morgan."

I smiled at him, then stuck out my hand. "Sparks Hertla, but you already know that."

"Eh, it's nice to hear it from you." Dev said, then took my hand and shook it. Once again, fireworks.